Time to dust off my chamber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes when I paid to get rid of those fricken advertising ads. Never in my life have I seen so many unwanted ads. Broke down and joined for a year. Guess it will not make or break me LOL

Reactions: indaswamp
You need to get busy and fill it up!! M\y main cabinet is full right now. I've got two smaller cabinets I need to fill this month. Probably another 100 pounds will do it..

IMG_9505.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: KBFlyer
That would be nice but I do it more as a hobby and I could never eat that much. Even if I was giving some of it away that would be over kill for me. LOL
Kids are moved away, no wife to share with so its just me and the dog. Want to get some whole meat going ( pancetta) and some Soppressa Veneta da Friuill Salami to start and also some Hungarian Salami. Meat prices are just crazy so I will see what the pocket book can handle.

I find these humidity sensors to be very touchy. They are enclosed in a plastic case inside of a larger plastic case. If the humidity gets to high moisture collects inside the case causing high alarms when its really just moisture colleting inside the sensor. I ended up removing the electronics from inside and this allows for better air flow around the sensor and keeps it dry for more accurate readings. Over 12 hours it ran very well. I can live with this.
7HI2qZI.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SCBBQ
So today I ran into town (drove 25 miles) to get some dog food, gas, visit my kid at his work and get some cured meat supplies.
Beef
Pork
Back fat
And 2x6x10's to replace a damaged railing on my deck. (never drop a hot object from your smoker on a wood railing even if its winter)

So today I got my spices together to cure Lonzino. Basically a cured pork loin dried over time.
Also have all my meat for Hungarian Salami and Suppressa Veneta da Friulli
XX3TEXr.png

The line up for the Lonzino:
Salt 60.8 grams
xsKL8bM.jpg

Cure #2 5.535 grams
yjWs2mM.jpg

Garlic Powder 3.321 grams
Black Pepper 2.214 grams
Cayenne 1.107 grams
Juniper 0.442 grams
Fennel 1.1 grams

Rub into the meat
HqRJSuY.jpg

Vac seal and date. Into the fridge for 12 days to cure.
nKnE9UI.jpg

Reactions: BigW. and indaswamp
Guess while I am at it I should calibrate my old PH tester.
Everything checks out just fine when you buy one of the best. :emoji_wink:

ELnFktm.jpg

H6Emtcp.jpg

QVLnTo8.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky