Time for an upgrade!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brewandsmoke

Original poster
Aug 2, 2012
SLC, Utah
Hey all, it's time for an upgrade. But what one to go with? I'm currently using a MES40 and I like it but it's time to step up. I think I've narrowed it down to either a Yoder YS640 or a RecTec. I like the features on both of these and would just like some input from ya'll before I go out and spend some money. Any help would be great fully appreciated. Thanks and happy smoking!:grilling_smilie:

Both of the pits you mentioned are great rigs.  I own a Rec Tec and love it.  Well built, and consistent, accurate temp control from 180*-500*.  The YS640 I think goes from 150*-600* and is very well built too.  Besides low and slow cooking, you can also set either of these pits up to direct grill at high temps.  When I was comparison shopping, I really looked hard at the YS640 before settling on the RT.  The deciding factors for me:  Rec Tec was a little less money, had a little better warranty, and offered up to 2 years 0% financing.

Bottom line:  you couldn't go wrong with either of those pits.

Good luck and let us know which direction you go.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky