Time 4 a Pie!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you Chef! My Resident Food Critic actually approves of shrimp and chovies on the pizza I make from time to time, I might have to make a half and half on the next one. Thank you for the Like Chef, I do appreciate it! RAY

Thanks Mose! I thought both the salt and sugar amounts in the dough recipe were pretty moderate, and was really surprised with the texture of the finished product. I've tried so many pizza dough recipes over the years I could write a book, this one really works well for what we're looking for. Thanks for the Like Mose, I do appreciate it! RAY

Thank you, I'd rather eat pizza than ice cream, and it's better for you too! RAY

Thanks Norm! Homemade pizza is one of the best benefits of homemade sausage, never have to run to the market. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Thanks Charlie, and thank you for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Thanks Rich! I'm still wanting to try making some dough and let it proof out but fridge space gets to be a real issue around here. Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated! RAY

Thanks Brian, my old boss used to say perfect is always good enough! RAY

Thanks Keith! Right before I made this pizza I was looking all over for a dough recipe of yours I was sure I bookmarked. It was like looking for a sheetrock knife in my garage, got ten of 'em and can never find one. Thanks for the Like Keith, I do appreciate it!
Here ya go Ray...you can book mark it now...
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...-meat-lovers-delux-pizza.305603/#post-2189184

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thanks Mose! I thought both the salt and sugar amounts in the dough recipe were pretty moderate, and was really surprised with the texture of the finished product. I've tried so many pizza dough recipes over the years I could write a book, this one really works well for what we're looking for. Thanks for the Like Mose, I do appreciate it! RAY
The salt and sugar in the dough is moderate. It's the beautiful processed meat and cheese that knock it out of the park.
Planning to try it, though :-)

I love a WORKS PIZZA, even Anchovies!
Looks great. My long time Go To Dough Recipe is similar but a little more Sugar and Salt. My crew likes Thick Crust Sicilian Pizza, baked in pans my Dad fabricated many years ago...JJ
Ray this pizza looks amazing and yep I love en loaded with meat. Jimmy you and I may be one of the few that love anchovies!! I buy them sometimes just to put on salads.

I buy them sometimes just to put on salads.

Oh Heck yeah! Not much better a Salad than a Caesar Salad, Extra Anchovy! I will start a variety of Sauces, especially Italian, with a couple of Anchovies in the hot EVOO with the Garlic, etc. Adds great flavor but not a Fishy Taste.
Interesting quirk of mine...I love Anchovy and Thai Fish Sauce, but Not a fan of Fatty Strong Flavored Fish otherwise...JJ

Reactions: jcam222
Ray this pizza looks amazing and yep I love en loaded with meat. Jimmy you and I may be one of the few that love anchovies!! I buy them sometimes just to put on salads.

Thanks Jeff! Jan eats chovies on her Cesar all the time, I will on occasion. 30 years back I was playing a golf tournament and had a pizza delivered to my room with chovies and shrimp on it, was a 100º evening. Later that night I got as sick as I've ever been in my life, that was enough for me. RAY

Reactions: jcam222
I'm late to the party. That Pizza looks great Ray. Perfectly made just the way we like it. Great job.

Ray, that's one fine looking pie right there buddy. Nothing about it that's less than perfect.Nice job my friend. I did a pizza a couple days ago that I thought about posting but it pales by comparison to yours.

Robert

I'm late to the party. That Pizza looks great Ray. Perfectly made just the way we like it. Great job.

Thanks Mike! It's been nice to cook indoors the last few days, won't last long around here during summer month. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Ray, that's one fine looking pie right there buddy. Nothing about it that's less than perfect. Nice job my friend. I did a pizza a couple days ago that I thought about posting but it pales by comparison to yours. Robert

Thanks Robert! When it comes to pizza I know I've got nothing on you Robert, your pies are always creative and in perfect form. Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated! RAY

Damn Ray that’s a nice pie. It doesn’t really get much better than that topping wise with the sausage pepperoni and onions, the salami just takes it over the top!

Looks great! Man I love pie! make it here all the time...working in a pizza joint most of my college years. its was a blast, so many memories, the owner was only a couple years older than me. I still see him occasionally. changed my life.

Damn Ray that’s a nice pie. It doesn’t really get much better than that topping wise with the sausage pepperoni and onions, the salami just takes it over the top!

Thanks Joe! Just ordered some dry bags, love capicola on a pizza too! Thanks for the Like Joe, much appreciated! RAY

Looks great! Man I love pie! make it here all the time...working in a pizza joint most of my college years. its was a blast, so many memories, the owner was only a couple years older than me. I still see him occasionally. changed my life.

Thanks Dave! Free beer and pizza must have been nice! I started my union apprenticeship at 17, I could afford to buy my own. Thanks for the Like Dave, I do appreciate it! RAY

7CbiNS.gif

Lawd Ray that is one fine looking pie my friend! Washed down with a nice cold brew I don't think I could think of a much better meal! Nailed it buddy!

Thanks John! As you'll note, when making your own sausage you get to really load it on, you be find that out for yourself real soon! Thanks for the Like amigo, I appreciate it ! RAY

With the storms and cooler weather decided it was a fine opportunity to do a little something inside the kitchen, make a pizza! Made the dough from a Guy Fieri recipe on the Food Network site, super easy.

1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the bowl
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 cup water

Had the dough all ready and my pizza stone in the oven at 425º, start the build with a little sauce
View attachment 505346
Fresh mozzarella
View attachment 505347
Pepperoni
View attachment 505348
Salami
View attachment 505349
My homemade Italian sausage and some onions
View attachment 505350
Few red bell peppers and a topping of parmesan cheese, ready for the oven
View attachment 505351
20 minutes at 425º, looking good to me!
View attachment 505352
Finish the whisky, pop a brewster, bon appetito!View attachment 505353

This turned out to be one dammed fine pizza! We like a thick crust but not a heavy dough, somehow this recipe really fit the bill, even my in-house food critic was impressed. For as easy as it is this one's a real keeper, and repeatable! Thanks for lookin' in, y'all stay safe out there! RAY
Looks great - strait on rack or need pizza stone? Never mind I see it

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky