Thoughts on this FoodSaver

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DrewJ

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
Hey All,

My current vacuum sealer is dying and I am hoping to upgrade on a budget. Costco has this model on sale right now for $100. Anyone have this model? The reviews seem decent but not great. Here is a screen shot since you need to log into the Costco site to see it.
Annotation 2020-08-12 095744.jpg

Thanks!
-drew-

That’s not the model of foodsaver I had but that being said I use my foodsaver at least 6 to 8 times a month over the past 2 years and haven’t had any issues at all

Reactions: DrewJ
I’ve been using the Food Saver deluxe plus for quite awhile, and use it at least weekly, especially since I’ve had my Sous Vide. No issues. I would think with all the competition out there, they can only be getting better?

I have a food saver but a different model. Has worked flawlessly and I use mine ALOT. Vac sealed 70 bags of cheese in a row this February. Let it cool after about every 10 bags for a minute or two. Never had an issue
20200208_193720.jpg

I have the older game saver deluxe plus . Works great . Had it awhile now . Bag storage is a must have for me . Does it have the canister function ? I see it says marinate setting so I'm thinking it does .

I have had one of these for about a year now and it is a workhorse. It won't do 15" bags and many think that's a deal breaker. If were to break today I would buy another.

I dont have it but I bought one in that original price range years ago and it basically failed after I vac sealed about 12 deer/feral hogs from hunting season. Suction went to hell.
Foodsavers seem to be hit or miss.

I went with a way higher quality and better constructed Weston vac sealer which has been going strong since 2013. I won't ever buy another food saver and it will be either Weston brand or VacMax i think is the other brand people rave about on this site.

Vac sealers are notorious for crapping out fast and at any time. It's definitely an area to buy once cry once and live happily ever after. Just my 2 cents :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky