This week's camembert

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is what it looks like after sitting at room temp for an hour.

1667491999580.png

• Love
Reactions: indaswamp
Looks amazing! Excited to see the next one. From the picture, looks like the center could be ripened a touch more, interested to see your thoughts on the differences!
I've been showing my wife your pictures and she is telling me to order more camembert molds, because I only have 1 right now.

• Haha
I hope this hasn't opened up yet another rabbit-hole for me.
My hat is off to you.

Thanks! This is really easy to make as cheeses go, you just need a few different cultures and some hoop molds. There's none of the 'stir for 2 hours as you slowly increase the temp by 15 degrees' that you get with many other types.

Outstanding, sir!
Thank you!

Excited to see the next one. From the picture, looks like the center could be ripened a touch more, interested to see your thoughts on the differences!
I've been showing my wife your pictures and she is telling me to order more camembert molds, because I only have 1 right now.

Yes, you need 4 of them :) I'll open the second one when it's at a little over 3 weeks to see the difference. Watching Gavin's video on it, he let his go so long you could do shots with it.

• Haha
Did you open the second one?
Mine are about ready to wrap.
I did notice the mold coverage on the flats took WAY longer than the sides. Been patting the sides down for feels like 2 weeks. The top and bottom just got a nice layer. Did you experience the same? I'm worried I somehow over salted and that inhibited mold on the flats.
They smell amazing though! Like the best butter sauteed mushrooms with melted brie you ever smelled!

Did you open the second one?

I did notice the mold coverage on the flats took WAY longer than the sides. Been patting the sides down for feels like 2 weeks. The top and bottom just got a nice layer. Did you experience the same? I'm worried I somehow over salted and that inhibited mold on the flats.

Oh yeah, it got devoured almost immediately. It was a bit more runny, but not a ton.

Just be patient on the mold coverage, particularly if you have it in a regular fridge. I've got a bunch of brie in right now that I had to slice in wedges because I don't have a big enough drying container for the whole wheel. The tops/bottoms are definitely covering faster than the sides.

Oh yeah, it got devoured almost immediately. It was a bit more runny, but not a ton.

Just be patient on the mold coverage, particularly if you have it in a regular fridge. I've got a bunch of brie in right now that I had to slice in wedges because I don't have a big enough drying container for the whole wheel. The tops/bottoms are definitely covering faster than the sides.
I've got them in a mini-fridge that is turned off (average temp here started around 45. right now is about 35, WAY cold for Nov. But very convenient for camembert aging 👍)

Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky