Thinking of doing a new york pork roast recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like a simple yet different recipe. Recipe sounds delicious. It calls for it to be done in a slow cooker, but I'm sure you can adapt cook times/temps to your smoker. Let us know how it works out.

LOL man Alzheimer's kicking in. I read that as place in smoke thought it was weird. might be easy to adapt I wannna smoke a pork roast of some kind

LOL. I'd imagine it'd be similar to smoking a loin as far as cook temps and times.

I use 5 spice in pretty much all my rubs, lol. Since it won't be breaking down as it would in the crockpot, I'd recommend making a good dipping sauce with the rub and soy sauce

A slow cooker is essentially a braiser.

You could smoke the roast at 225F to an IT of about 170, get all the good bark and smoke flavor, and then transfer to a shallow aluminum pan, add some chicken broth (or beer) (~1.5 cups), cover with foil and braise at about 250F until an IT of 205ish. Let it rest, still covered and with a towel over it on the counter for about an hour. Then pick up the recipe where you start adding the other ingredients.

My two cents.

A New York pork roast is a boneless loin roast RIGHT? Don't those slow cooker times seem long, you only want the internal at 145°?

And speaking of a dipping sauce, check out the sauce I use on my PLUM PORK

I love 5 spice but it can be overpowering. This recipe though looks fantastic! I’d go for it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky