Thinking about internal door hinges

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In the spirit of Halloween I would like to bring this thread back from he dead, if only for a day. My friend and I are about to embark on building a smoker and we were trying to come up with an alternative to the standard counter weight. He actually came up with this hood spring idea and I've been scouring the internet trying to find out if anyone else had done this before. I'm sadden that he could not be the true innovator of this idea but happy to see that it worked out at the same time.

Any update on how the springs are holding up long term? Also, My door will weigh somewhere between 90-100lbs. Does anyone know how many lbs of lift these springs have? Should I plan on doubling up like nwbhoss and smokinhawgbqhae done?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky