They Wanted Italian, I Can Do That

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Potrei solo sognare di essere a casa tua per quella cena Cile, sarebbe un sogno che si avvera. Oggi preparerò un altro lotto del tuo famoso pollo al pollo, di gran lunga il migliore che abbia mai mangiato. RAY
Careful now, dreams are often twisted from reality and tend to leave you wanting.
My Chicken Chicken, which recipe is that, you've me confused?
Thanks Ray, appreciate the compliments.
That lemon cream sauce looks great. I'm definitely giving that a go.:emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks, it's fairly good, give it a whirl for sure... Do note my edit to the sauce.
Northern Italy?
Just kidding, that all looks amazing.
Ya got me confounded with a lack of connection, Northern Italy, huh?
Thanks Dan, it was good as it looks.

Man cmon toss this aside and give me a Little Caesars pizza any day. NOT! Looks awesome man! Thanks for sharing the recipes as well.

Careful now, dreams are often twisted from reality and tend to leave you wanting. My Chicken Chicken, which recipe is that, you've me confused? Thanks Ray, appreciate the compliments.

That was supposed to translate into "chicken rub" Chile, didn't happen right, which I was going to make today, but have put off until tomorrow. I've tried a few different rubs on my Vortex chicken wings and legs, yours is by far the best and huge fan favorite. I also make your Basic Hog rub, we like them both! RAY

That was supposed to translate into "chicken rub" Chile, didn't happen right, which I was going to make today, but have put off until tomorrow. I've tried a few different rubs on my Vortex chicken wings and legs, yours is by far the best and huge fan favorite. I also make your Basic Hog rub, we like them both! RAY
Ah okay, gotcha :emoji_thumbsup:
I'm glad y'all like the rubs, we do too.

Looks great. I love Zucchini in any preparation but I like Grilled the best.
Curious about the Lemon Sauce. You assembled it in a non-traditional manner. Classically, you sweat the Onion and Garlic , deglaze with Lemon juice and Zest, reduce almost dry, then add Cream and simmer to desired thickness? Have you done both and above is your preference?
Enquiring Minds Want To Know...JJ

My Irish grandmother would approve. Great looking vittles John. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great man I can only see one thing missing and that is me. :emoji_laughing:

Warren
Thanks Warren.
LOL, what I'm missing is the leftovers.
Looks awesome! Very nice job, and great pics as well

Ryan
Thank you Ryan, appreciate it,
I'm looking online for a bus ticket to the chilerelleno chilerelleno house. Always something good going on there.
Jim
Thanks Jim, when I'm cooking I try to make it count.

Oh Yeah!!
That looks like some mighty tasty stuff there, John!!
You can cook for me Anytime!! Yum!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you John, It'd be a pleasure to cook for such as you.
Man cmon toss this aside and give me a Little Caesars pizza any day. NOT! Looks awesome man! Thanks for sharing the recipes as well.
LOL... Lil'Ceasars, now that's funny John. My pleasure to share.
Bravissimo, Chile! That plate looks absolutely gorgeous!
Mille o tante gratzie!

Looks great. I love Zucchini in any preparation but I like Grilled the best.
Curious about the Lemon Sauce. You assembled it in a non-traditional manner. Classically, you sweat the Onion and Garlic , deglaze with Lemon juice and Zest, reduce almost dry, then add Cream and simmer to desired thickness? Have you done both and above is your preference?
Enquiring Minds Want To Know...JJ
Thanks JJ.
Never tried it any other way, it was my first time making it and I was just following a recipe I found.
I've no culinary training and only know what little I've picked up here and there.
I want to make it again for some fish, I'll make it traditionally and I'll let you know which I like better if I can remember to.

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj
Question: How much will reducing the lemon juice almost dry effect the level of lemon flavor in the finished sauce?

So the recipe should be like this.

Lemon Cream Sauce
2c heavy cream
6T lemon juice
4t lemon zest
(As given the sauce is fairly bold on the lemon, for a milder lemon tang use a third to half as much less juice/zest or add another cup of cream.)
2T finely minced onion
1t finely minced garlic
Salt and white pepper to taste
Preferred thickener (optional)
In a small sauce pan add a tablespoon of olive oil and sweat the onion, when the onion is almost done add the garlic and finish the onions.
Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice and zest, and reduce till almost dry.
Add the heavy cream and bring to a slow boil. Then reduce to desired consistency.
(In lieu of reduction, you may opt to use a thickening agent.)
Add salt and white pepper to taste.
Hold on low heat, stirring occasionally .

Last edited:
Careful now, dreams are often twisted from reality and tend to leave you wanting.
My Chicken Chicken, which recipe is that, you've me confused?
Thanks Ray, appreciate the compliments.
Thanks, it's fairly good, give it a whirl for sure... Do note my edit to the sauce.
Ya got me confounded with a lack of connection, Northern Italy, huh?
Thanks Dan, it was good as it looks.
It's an ongoing joke with my family anything other than Nonna's red sugo must be from northern Italy, it's a Sicilian thing.:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Thanks JJ.
Never tried it any other way, it was my first time making it and I was just following a recipe I found.
I've no culinary training and only know what little I've picked up here and there.
I want to make it again for some fish, I'll make it traditionally and I'll let you know which I like better if I can remember to.

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj
Question: How much will reducing the lemon juice almost dry effect the level of lemon flavor in the finished sauce?

So the recipe should be like this.

Lemon Cream Sauce
2c heavy cream
6T lemon juice
4t lemon zest
(As given the sauce is fairly bold on the lemon, for a milder lemon tang use a third to half as much less juice/zest or add another cup of cream.)
2T finely minced onion
1t finely minced garlic
Salt and white pepper to taste
Preferred thickener (optional)
In a small sauce pan add a tablespoon of olive oil and sweat the onion, when the onion is almost done add the garlic and finish the onions.
Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice and zest, and reduce till almost dry.
Add the heavy cream and bring to a slow boil. Then reduce to desired consistency.
(In lieu of reduction, you may opt to use a thickening agent.)
Add salt and white pepper to taste.
Hold on low heat, stirring occasionally .

That's how I would right it. The Lemon Flavor is mostly in the Zest. The Juice provides the Acid. After reduction the Tang will mellow, evaporation loss, but the essential oils and most of the acid will definitely remain. The benefit is, the classic method brings out the Sweetness and Depth of each ingredient, Layering the Flavors in your sauce.
Veal Piccata is Veal in a Lemon, White Wine and Caper, Butter Sauce. There is reduction to syrupy/almost dry, then the sauce is mounted with 4 to 6 Tablespoons of Butter. The Butter is Whisked in, a Tbs at a time, to emulsify the remaining Lemon Juice Reduction and Butter. This thickens the Sauce. It is still quite Tangy when finished!...JJ

My Irish grandmother would approve. Great looking vittles John. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, glad your Nonna would approve.

It's an ongoing joke with my family anything other than Nonna's red sugo must be from northern Italy, it's a Sicilian thing.:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:
Gotcha :emoji_thumbsup:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky