The Ultimate Way to Season Cast Iron - Flaxseed oil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There's no need to season an enameled Dutch oven. Assuming that the inside is enameled as well as the outside.

Enameled Dutch ovens, pots etc, will over time firm a yellow brown coating. Do not remove that coloring. It is actually seasoning the enamel. We have quite a few Le Creuset enamel cast iron pans and Dutch ovens. Ours can go higher than 375, as long as they have the metal handles. The ones with plastic lid handles are limited to 375. My favorite one that I use all the time is this sauce pot! Currently full of Au Jus!

The lid handle is plastic and can only go to 375 in the oven.

will the same process woek on a stove top

mine seems to take on a silver colour as if burnt

Do this with the DO also after most cooks. Initial seasoning with the DO is done in the oven and use the stove top for maintenance.

Fry pans I just season like above video

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky