The Start of the New Smoker Build-Pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

travcoman45

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 19, 2008
A Holler in North Iowa
Here are some pictures of todays progress!

The major parts so far.

The stack hole.

The draft hole.

The inside of the box after a good cleaning and the cooling section was removed.

With the racks back inside.

This is the unit so far.

About this time, the commanding officer put a halt to production, only been out of the hospital two days.

She came out to the shop, jumped on her minstral cycle and ran my butt over!

The smoker is now sitting back in it's corner and so am I. If I behave, I might get to play tommorow!

There are two thermostats, one for cold smoke and one for hot smoke, the heating element, the basic parts of the stack and one of the casters that will go on the cart for the whole works.

Will post more pics as things progress!

Don't know why that one picture is sideways, rotated it, oh well, just **** your heads!
icon_mrgreen.gif

PS: After she's finished and has a new coat of paint, I'm going to Christen (spelling, oh boy!) her: "Used to be Cool", seeins how she used to be a fridge.

travcoman45
Looks like your off to a running start, looking like a professional build !!! I am intrested in seeing the wheel design....... Keep us updated.....

nice dude.......REAL nice.............

one question tho.........a ignet one prob.

but is that using rubber seals, and will that make a diff during a hot smoke?

That old rubber seal is a hard as rock, I just haven't finished scraping it off yet, it will be replaced with high temp cord. Boss put her foot down, so I quit while I was ahead!

I think part of what you are seein is a wide black strip all around the box, that is actually black enamel metal, it is sealing the inner enamel box to the outer steel shell. The only rubber was the old gasket around the door.

sorry to hear you had to hang the balls on the mantle for now trav-I hate that chit. looking good,keep us posted.

good looken start keep us informed hate to say this but i have to agree with mama on this dont over do we want to see (used to be cool) in action.take care
TERRY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky