The Smokfire has landed !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Majja13

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 19, 2022
Salt Lake City
Well the Smokefire has landed. I have just a couple of quick questions for you all. 1 Favorite Seasoning method? 2 For those of you with a smoke fire did you leave the little T (bar) at the bottom to help pellets feed or did you remove it?

I ended up getting the last one Sportsman's Warehouse had (the floor model) So I got a small bit knocked off the price, plus I get my rewards points. I would like to get it seasoned this weekend so I can cook on it next. I would go for tomorrow how ever we are going up to my Moms for her Birthday and I am grilling a Spatch-cock chicken for her.

400f for an hour, spray the interior with Pam and let it rip. Don't be dismayed at the ash that might be swirling around. Once seasoned and a few cooks on it, the ash won't be bad at all. Facebook has a great group for Smokefires if you're so inclined. Very active

Make sure you follow the start up and shut down directions also .
If you decide to remove the guard in the bottom of the hopper , do it one screw at a time . Those screws hold another part underneath .

Thank you all for the info. For now I will not remove the guard, and I may look up the Facebook group.

Thank you

Reactions: chopsaw
I got the new pit seasoned now I am looking forward to the first Cook. I am planning on doing either a toast or biscuit cook today or tomorrow to find out where the hot spots are and then I will get some real meat on it.

I got the new pit seasoned now I am looking forward to the first Cook. I am planning on doing either a toast or biscuit cook today or tomorrow to find out where the hot spots are and then I will get some real meat on it.
Wo' now be careful there. Biscuits or toast can be a challenging first cook. :emoji_laughing:

Congrats on the new cooker. Enjoy it and post up well your second cook.

Chris

Reactions: sawhorseray
I had mine up over 600 yesterday to do strip steaks . You could forge steel in that thing .
Just right of center is the hottest spot on mine .

Wo' now be careful there. Biscuits or toast can be a challenging first cook. :emoji_laughing:

Congrats on the new cooker. Enjoy it and post up well your second cook.

Chris
I like to live dangerously .... Pics are sure to come.

What I have learned on mine with a few cooks is depending on the temp you need to add more pellets.

When doing a brisket, place it on the top shelve and add a drip pan under it on the regular grate so it can catch the drippings.

Done 2 briskets on the bottom rack and they have slightly overcooked on the bottom.

Next one will be on top shelve and I should get the results I want.

When doing ribs I suggest doing them at no more than 225 for the same reason mentioned above.

Due to the fact that the heat rises straight up, whatever food you place will tend to overcook on the bottom unless doing it low.

Reactions: Majja13
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky