The Prodigal Son Returns (actually, he never really left)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbrtt1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Well, at one time, long , long, ago in an enchanted forest lived a…………we’ll never mind.

I was a frequent visitor and poster, and somewhat active member of this website sometime ago. That said, I haven’t forgotten this site, nor have I completely abandoned it.

I still look at it to check a few ideas for some things here and there.

However, the last few years have been, well, let’s just say less than optimal. I have continued to smoke meats, though less frequently as I did 4,5,6 years ago. And as I age, my memory seems to fail me just a bit more than it used to, causing me to not take photos that are really worthy of posting and/or interesting. Not that they ever were. But you get my drift, hopefully. I would imagine some of the old-timers on this forum will remember some of my posts.

I say all of that to say this: I smoked a cheap rack of Dino ribs this past weekend (the last rack in the cooler in parentheses) , which, of course was on sale. The price of meat today, uhghhg, even beef here in Texas. Perish the thought.

So with a few minutes on my hands, and just enough memory over the weekend to take pictures, I did those cheap Dino ribs, rife with shiners and a rack of baby back’s. Teamed them up with some Charro beans with leftover brisket crumbled in there, and crispy Brussels sprouts with a little aïoli to dip them in. As usual my classic fine paper China in view.
3E66813F-ADEA-4720-B784-1126C4EEB1CD.jpeg
CFC5C072-611B-479A-9018-4DAF94B435A1.jpeg
108D188D-882B-4276-8F04-75C8A44662E7.jpeg
CC48013D-D020-4350-8170-D0695585ED9F.jpeg
D4201D24-B901-4180-B5FF-97433F925625.jpeg
F5BC6400-39D3-4539-982C-8633679AA0FF.jpeg

5D1F98BC-6EDA-4BFE-A40F-3F5BE560A0F6.jpeg

Looks good to me! I'm kinda new here so can't say I knew you from back in the day but I can sure relate to the age thing...

I am going to have to try some of those dino ribs one of these days...

Welcome back! Great Ribs on that plate. You've not lost your touch.

Look darn good to me. I don’t know I was around when you were posting but glad to see you back at it.

Man you came back with a splash! Those beef ribs looks terrific - nicely done!

And don't be such a stranger! More and more of the old guard disappear all the time - one way or another...

Red

Thanks everyone. I’ll try to be more cognizant of taking pics of the smokes that I do whether they be large, small, or… Whatever.

Thanks for the views of the comments guys.

Reactions: TH-n-PA
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky