The fire Management

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Let us know if it improves stuff....
Hi.

I manage to make hole. Just a small one. Just to check. It was bether. But i think the hole is to small. I made just a temporary hole whit a vent. Butni needed ti put a stuck in the lit to get it buring right. So the issu is air. Tomorrow i will get some parts and fix a larger hole with a nice looking vent. The good thing id. It burns so damn clean. And i only need to add 1 stick every 45 min. And holding temp very very good. So i am on the right track. 8B5689A2-2C4F-4D3E-9BA5-D1D63632B95D.jpeg 26183EF3-95AC-472D-9EB4-19A575315176.jpeg

Let us know if it improves stuff....
Hi.

I manage to make hole. Just a small one. Just to check. It was bether. But i think the hole is to small. I made just a temporary hole whit a vent. Butni needed ti put a stuck in the lit to get it buring right. So the issu is air. Tomorrow i will get some parts and fix a larger hole with a nice looking vent. The good thing id. It burns so damn clean. And i only need to add 1 stick every 45 min. And holding temp very very good. So i am on the right track.

Martin sounds like you are making good head way with this, soon you will be a master at fire management. I have learned lots from following this thread. Seems to me that Red and Dave are very good at fire control and are a great help for us new guys, even I do not have a wood burner but interested in it.

Martin sounds like you are making good head way with this, soon you will be a master at fire management. I have learned lots from following this thread. Seems to me that Red and Dave are very good at fire control and are a great help for us new guys, even I do not have a wood burner but interested in it.
yes! i have indeed learn alot. I have drilled some more holes, but haven't had the chance to test it. Will make a vent for it and see if the hole is big enough to bring oxygen. If that works as planned, i will be able to control the temp with lower vents and the oxygen and draw with upper. its just takes some time to fine tune it.

One option is to open the top lit to the firebox and it burns so clean. but you then get alot of heat going out the lid. So hope my plan works:D i will post a update when i have run some tests.

Tnx all!

Hi All,

I did yesterday run a test! it was successful! i got from the manufacturer of the smoker a baffler plates white holes fra small to large. so i did 3-4 mods.

1. Drilled 2 extra holes in the firebox and sealed it bether. It dont looks pretty but i am making a awesome vent, so it looks better.
2. Installed the baffelplate, i got this for free from the manufacturer. Great service at landmann!!
3. Feldons calculator said my chimney was to short. so i did make a extender out of Aluminium foil. just to check. i then contacted a local welder. he made me a extender that i can easy take on and off. so my chimney is 26.7 inces.

The chimney mod i just wanted to test. it gave me better draft, its not a MUSt but can be great if there is windy.
Drilled to holes extra 50.6 MM, this makes a HUGE difference. Now my fire get plenty of air and not smoldering.
The baffelplate made my CC hold temp better and from end to end it was 10 degrees different. Just over the firebox opening it was hotter, that's ok. And i dont think it can be avoided.

I started with 1 full chimney of lump charcoal. Lit them up and added 2 normal sizes logs. it vent up to 290-300F. I was planning to run my test at 240-260 range, with target temp 250. When it burn down to coals(YES IT DID burn down to real coals!!!). I added one preheated log and open the vent to the FB fully, did not need to open the door. all the white smoke came out the to drilled holes and the clear ninja smoke came out the chimney, this can be a drawft problem since the chimney is 6 inches short. But i just added my chimney extender and the pulling of the fire started, i added the extender when the log was burning good. easy fix, everytime i add a log take of the extender for 5 min:). I did not have 1 min of white smoke out of the chimney. the airflow and oxygen was so good in the firebox. after 5 min i closed the vent 1/2 added the extender, and it held held target temp for around 50 min, after 1 h 17 min it dropped down to 230F. then i added a new log!. t

Im rdy to COOK! have to thnx you all for the help and tip!.what a easy fix, to go from a good BBQ smoker to a Super Smoker!. The picture below is when i am holding 250F at the point.

369656-7e744d7757b0a57a27a49b3905dd6074.jpg
369657-3b5c655f5c400186f906418d6f921114.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2567.JPG
    IMG_2567.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Hank R
I can it mods was a 100% success! No white smoke, just sweet good smoke taste on food.
It was so relaxing. trhow a new log every 45 min. didn't need to think about bad smoke. was drank a few beer and enjoying the whole coocktime!

I cooked some ribs and sausage with Birchwood(no bark). They where amazing. so tender and moist. perfect balanced. !
here is a picture at 2H mark. had a small taste bite at the right just to check how the smoke was.
IMG_2569.JPG

Tnx agin!... And CASE CLOSED:D

The grub looks like it's clean smoke cooked... No black creosote... I can see they would taste delicious...
Glad the member here could help you make great smoked meats... Dave

Hi Martin, glad you got it smoking right . I have learned a lot just following this thread. Myself did not realize what it took for it all to work out. Now if I remember it for when I get a stick burner????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky