The Cure For ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
To much water mixed in 5 lbs of meat...

I'm making snack sticks and mixed up 5 lbs of Ownes BBQ Honey BBQ... The right thing to do would to be add more meat... But I only had enough seasoning for a 5lb batch...

What other trick can I use to tighten it up ??

Put it in a collander and cover it, let the water escape the meat thru the collander overnight.

I just have to ask,,,,,, how much is to much water? Not sure what we are talking about here. You can wring it out by hand and stuff it, or add some dry ingredients to tighten it up. A sit over nite to drain will not extract that much. So please explain the excess water. Thanks

I like my meat really dry and sticky ... I use very little water when mixing ... This batch is really loose ... oozing between your fingers when mixing ... I agree not much water is going to drain out ...

Probably will just add NFPM when I mix the cheese and jalapenos in...

On some situations I have jammed paper towels into a recipe to help dry it out. Never tried it on sausage but paper towels are highly absorbent.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky