The Boys B-Day Dinner at Hell’s Kitchen

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've never made it. Maybe this winter I will have time to try making it. Along with so many other things on to do list!

Ryan

I've never made it. Maybe this winter I will have time to try making it. Along with so many other things on to do list!

Ryan

When you do be sure to pick up some Carnaroli rice if you can. It is the most preferred type to use.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
With having such a foody experience one would think that would be a wrap.......well not in our world.....this is how we wrapped it up.......

First the setting.....sitting at an outside table in the historic ancestor square of St George..... this is the view from our table. The stone building is the historic jail house built in 1877....it is one of the oldest building in St George.
2A0A6746-ACE7-4151-BCA6-229B6396D4DC.jpeg

The flavor experience is Benja Thai and Sushi

The app - Tempura shrimp & Ahi
A61AE221-6498-4D65-A3F0-6F0B9E94C5C0.jpeg

The Main - coconut shrimp curry ramen!
70A5829A-84B8-472E-881E-E190CE1967E2.jpeg

tonight’s dinner was unplanned and due to the distancing restrictions the limited outside tables were allowed by the city so this was a once in a moment experience! So as luck would have it our unplanned dinner turned into an epic icing on the “ramen noodle” for the B-day celebration!

And that’s a wrap!

So the wife was struggling on what to get our soon to be 18 year old........but she got this thought to have a crazy food experience.....so she made reservations at Hells Kitchen in Vegas!
View attachment 464659
View attachment 464658
We had high hopes it would be good but we had no idea how good it would be.....

Starting with the Heirloom Tomato Burratta salad!
View attachment 464649
Next up was a couple of apps.....lobster risotto and scallops.
View attachment 464652
View attachment 464650
View attachment 464651
my wife is NOT a seafood fan and even tried both.......

The main dishes we had (he only has 5 on the menu) were the beef Wellington, crispy skin salmon, and dry aged NY
View attachment 464653
View attachment 464655
View attachment 464654
The evening finished off with sticky toffee pudding and peanut butter fudge cheese cake.
View attachment 464656
View attachment 464657
All I can say is I have to hand it to my wife for finding the perfect gift for a foody kid for the big deal 18 B-day!

As a family we have watched a lot of GR and always thought we was a little over the top, but after the indescribable food flavor experience we all just had,....we have concluded that he knows how to do it right. We have eaten at some pretty high end places and this is simply the best food tasting experience we have ever had!!! I only dream of coming close to creating food with this kind of flavor!!!
Congrats civil smoker on an absurdly spot on Birthday celebration, one he will always remember. An excellent share, thank you and blessings to you and your family

Reactions: civilsmoker
Congrats civil smoker on an absurdly spot on Birthday celebration, one he will always remember. An excellent share, thank you and blessings to you and your family

Thanks chek, much appreciated! Fully agree this B-day will never be forgotten!

Reactions: chek
One of the best meals I’ve ever had. I got to talking to the waiter. He had been there since the opening. I jokingly asked if he’d ever seen GR or met him. He said that GR does surprise pop ins. Will actually sit in the corner of the restaurant and eat during a normal service. He said he is a great guy, but a perfectionist. He said the training was crazy.

One of the best meals I’ve ever had. I got to talking to the waiter. He had been there since the opening. I jokingly asked if he’d ever seen GR or met him. He said that GR does surprise pop ins. Will actually sit in the corner of the restaurant and eat during a normal service. He said he is a great guy, but a perfectionist. He said the training was crazy.

our waiter said similar things when we commented on how many times have we seen that made and we finally get to taste it!

Thanks Winter....all good things end...so others can start lol

Wow, quite a meal there at HK! But I don't think it would be the total experience if there wasn't some screaming and F-bombs coming from the kitchen.

Wow, quite a meal there at HK! But I don't think it would be the total experience if there wasn't some screaming and F-bombs coming from the kitchen.
thanks mneeley.....oh Very true but Vegas has no shortage of F-Bombs going on.....so certainly didn’t miss it while eating dinner!

awesome...Like!
Thanks Eddie, much appreciated!

forktender forktender thanks for the courteous laugh lol

What an excellent birthday gift for your son, that meal looks amazing, the beef Wellington really caught my eye.

thanks for sharing.

What an excellent birthday gift for your son, that meal looks amazing, the beef Wellington really caught my eye.

thanks for sharing.
Thanks Jabiru! The Beef Wellington was an eye and taste catcher for sure. GR sells a Hells Kitchen recipe book for all the dishes and it is on its way to the house as we speak cause we have got some practicing to do at our house....LOL

Reactions: Jabiru
Wow I'm late on this. But what a great Birthday treat for your son and for sure a great looking meal. I was treated to a birthday dinner at Emeril's Fish House in Vegas for a wonderful experience.

Warren

Wanted to go the last couple years during SEMA, but the boss didn't think corporate would ok that expense. Did get taken to Caesar's Buffet the first year we were there though. That was dang good for a boy from farm country Minnesota. May have to talk the wife into it sometime in our travels. Dang that looks good!

Wow I'm late on this. But what a great Birthday treat for your son and for sure a great looking meal. I was treated to a birthday dinner at Emeril's Fish House in Vegas for a wonderful experience.

Warren
Warren thanks! Emeril's Fish House would be tasty to! The Boy still hasn't stopped talking about it!

Wanted to go the last couple years during SEMA, but the boss didn't think corporate would ok that expense. Did get taken to Caesar's Buffet the first year we were there though. That was dang good for a boy from farm country Minnesota. May have to talk the wife into it sometime in our travels. Dang that looks good!
Vegas is overall has pretty good food, because it helps that folks are depositing money into their cash boxes freely! LOL To me its a bucket list thing so check check!
Nice!

Curious as to what you'll treat him to on his 21st!
Thanks Normanaj! Oh at 21, probably a bill for rent if he is still living at home.....LOL. I'm thinking a fishing/hunting trip that I get to go on! See how that works!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky