The Boys B-Day Dinner at Hell’s Kitchen

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
civilsmoker civilsmoker I've done a beef welly at home. It was good, But I really want to try one and scallops cooked by a professional just to see how its really supposed to be done.
Jim

Only missing the last picture, the bill. How much did this set you back?

Looks incredible

That is one awesome Bday! Definitely unforgettable. Every bit of that meal is once in a lifetime type of stuff.
I've also tried making Beef Welly a couple of times, but didn't come out so good. Would love to try a professional one.
Thanks for sharing, and Happy Birthday to your Boy! What a great gift for him.

civilsmoker civilsmoker I've done a beef welly at home. It was good, But I really want to try one and scallops cooked by a professional just to see how its really supposed to be done.
Jim
I’ve never done welly but have done lots of scallops and I can say I have lots of practice to do!!! Maybe we can have a duel on wellys after I’ve attempted one or two....

Only missing the last picture, the bill. How much did this set you back?

Looks incredible
375 plus tip all in, that’s 3 courses for 4 people.....less than one Disneyland ticket....
F66ACD15-F528-4438-B9F6-0917F21E0A2D.jpeg

That's cheap for time spent together and the memories made . Not to mention the fact it was for your son is priceless .
Chop you got that right! The memory is/was worth every penny from my perspective! Plus now we have a mission before us......beef welly and Sears scallop dinner at home!

That is one awesome Bday! Definitely unforgettable. Every bit of that meal is once in a lifetime type of stuff.
I've also tried making Beef Welly a couple of times, but didn't come out so good. Would love to try a professional one.
Thanks for sharing, and Happy Birthday to your Boy! What a great gift for him.
Thanks MJB! All the credit goes to my wife....she nailed this b-day!

maybe you can join my and JL in our welly virtual cook off.....

So here is the real question.......what on earth do you eat after a meal like the above.......

how about chicken and waffle from waffle love, they took 2nd on great food truck race.... pretty dang tasty!
939BDE3B-6858-4600-8552-5515E5F75BD7.jpeg

Well I thought I would keep this post rolling.....

what to do in the desert @100 degrees........ how about fresh poke the #1 restaurant in St George Ut.
93BEBB5A-6484-4A07-B092-741934E9A685.jpeg

You have to go early (there is a line before they open) because they run out in about 60 to 90 min or so.

One question I forgot to ask...did anyone screw up the risotto? Seems like there are so many episodes of HK that the risotto was messed up!

Ryan

One question I forgot to ask...did anyone screw up the risotto? Seems like there are so many episodes of HK that the risotto was messed up!

Ryan
LOL nope the risotto was perfection! But I did have to ask them how on earth they got is so creamy........wait for it.......they add in mascarpone to it at the end to fluff it and cream it.....they have NEVER shown that on the show. I will be trying it as soon as we get our gas range top in the kitchen.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky