The 3:00 am smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gypc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 4, 2006
InDiana
I just started the loin. I picked one with a nice fat bottom so I could smoke it to 200 Deg. I want it moist and tender.

Cut it in half.........injected with a mixture of pickle juice, apple juice and Wor sauce...........put on the rub............then on to the smoker with wonderful cherry.

I'll have more pics as the day moves along.

imga0361wl4.jpg

imga0363pm7.jpg

Man thats gonna be good!
Yunno, I live in Pittsburgh now, but I remember growing up in Baltimore, we would go to the butcher, and my girlfriends dad used to get pork loin cold cut, sliced real thin (I believe the term was chipped or shaved), now that was really tasty…but I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t seem to get it here, maybe Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll smoke some too! Thanks for the light bulb gypc!
More pictures, please! :roll:

Ok..........this is right before I foiled with a bunch of sliced lemmons and onions. I put a good bark on first. It's gonna be mmmmmmmm.

imga0364mu8.jpg

What temp did you foil at gypc? Loin looks wonderful, I have one in my fridge that looks like it's twin (before you started smoking it). I also want to get mine to the extreme tender stage :D

I foiled mine at 160...............then got it up to 195. They turned out wonderfully juicy and tender. Thing is ya can't get'm that hot if ya don't have that layer of fat. I always try to pick one not so trimmed.

Here it is!!
imga0368fe6.jpg

Total smoke time was about 14 hrs at 225-250............I basted with that juice mix every hour.

I don't do loins that often......they usally turn out dry but this one was perfect.

At the end of the smoke, I have tons of juice from foiling.............if they get to dry, I'll pour a little of it on the meat after slicing but I didn't have to this time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky