Thawed pulled pork safety

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dj mishima

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Canton, MI
I thawed some frozen cochinita pibil (basically pulled pork) a couple of weeks ago in the refrigerator. It's still sealed in a food saver bag. I haven't gotten around to using it yet. But I am now concerned that it might not be safe to eat. What do y'all think?

If it hasn't been eaten in 5 to 7 days including the day it was cooked, it gets tossed. Like Jake, even vac sealed, 2 weeks would be pushing it for me.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Reactions: chopsaw
Yep that's a good resource for sure
Yeah , I don't use it much anymore , but had it on my desk top when I first started some of this . Comes in handy .
I try to get my Son to get on board with the dating . He's a dairy manager in a local grocery .
I catch him all the time " shrinking out " my pantry . Drives me nuts .
" This is past date " I always say " So am I " .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky