Thanksgivng Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

patntamsbeef

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Did a 9.5 Pound Brisket.

I started with big Plans. Cold weather kept me outside most of the day. I had to go to sleep, so... I just let it run all night without watching. We ended up with 220 meat temp. Still, thick slicing worked. I wanted Sliced as I wanted the rub to have an influence...

I use Drakes Roasted Garlic Peppercorn Rub. It is a local guy in Richland Washington. He has Worchestershire as an ingredient in this rub that I like to compliment the Garlic and Pepercorn. I also used Meat Tender for the Salt component of my rub. I cut the meat tender to about 1/2 the recommended amount. I let it set in the Fridge for 4 hours before putting it on the grill.

55f4b4c9_RubbedBrisketDrakesGarlicPeppercorn.jpg

The next picture is a nighttime picture with my daytime camera phone. It was about 19 degrees outside. I went with a warmer grill than normal. I Knew I was going to sleep and wanted it to run allnight. Also, I just didn't have the energy to spritz the coals and maintain them. I placed unlit briquets strategically to keep it going all night

60e863c4_Nighttimegrillingwithadaytimecamera.jpg

I foil wrapped it at 165. Cooked all night.Then I let it cool to resorb the juices and stuck it in the fridge till that night. I reheated it in the foil till it hit 165. I then pulled it about 1/2 hour before the meal and let it cool in the foil. 12 people ate it all, so it was a hit!

87462386_Pullaparttender.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky