Thanks for adding me to the group

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kbarnes12

Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
Thanks for adding me to the group, I have been a lurker for several years now. I started off years ago with a digital 30" model. When it shot craps I went with an analog model but added an Auber Instruments smoker controller to it. I loved that thing, I modified it to take the cold smoker attachment, went through 3 elements and finally the wind snapped a door hinge off for a 2nd time and it was unrepairable. I smoked briskets, pork butts, bacon, summer sausage, chili, cheese, ribs, pies, and pizzas in it.

My wife insisted I get a bigger model so I could fit more in it (ribs and briskets) so I got a basic 40" digital, Model MB20071610. So far I like it very well. I still need to figure out how to get my Auber smoker controller hooked up to it and make some wooden sausage hangers to fit in the slots.

Last edited:
Welcome from Mississippi! Lots of folks here use the 'lectric smokers. You'll get an answer pretty soon to your question.
Jim

Welcome from Iowa! Always good when wife wants you to get a bigger smoker! Must be doing something right!

Ryan

Thanks for adding me to the group, I have been a lurker for several years now. I started off years ago with a digital 30" model. When it shot craps I went with an analog model but added an Auber Instruments smoker controller to it. I loved that thing, I modified it to take the cold smoker attachment, went through 3 elements and finally the wind snapped a door hinge off for a 2nd time and it was unrepairable. I smoked briskets, pork butts, bacon, summer sausage, chili, cheese, ribs, pies, and pizzas in it.

My wife insisted I get a bigger model so I could fit more in it (ribs and briskets) so I got a basic 40" digital, Model MB20071610. So far I like it very well. I still need to figure out how to get my Auber smoker controller hooked up to it and make some wooden sausage hangers to fit in the slots.
you definitely picked the PERFCT forum to join, You will be flabbergasted

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky