Tex Mex and Original Snack Sticks in Progress

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Well I've got the LEM sausage stuffer now, but have to wait for the snack stick stuffing tube (back ordered until 4/15), so I'm using 21 mm collagen casings for these.

Using 80/20 ground beef because I don't want to mess up elk meat!

Mixed up 3 lbs 80/20 with Hi Country Original Snack Stick Seasoning per the instructions and added 3 tsp ECA, (did a fry test to see how it is and it's okay)

1da7ddb3_OriginalMixed.jpg

And 4 Tbsp PS Seasoning's Tex Mex per the instructions and added 3 tsp ECA,  (personally I don't like this one because to me it's too hot)

4c962f81_TexMexMixed3lbs.jpg

Since I was doing these by myself, I didn't get pics of the stuffing process 
icon_cry.gif

Here are all the links hanging in the MES 40 and I'm smoking these with Hickory.

02d1e66e_Allhanging.jpg

Hubby will be home late tonight and I thought I'd surprise him with these (if they come out good!)

BBL  and thanks for looking

Last edited:
Looks Good! Went to order the 5lb LEM stuffer today, backordered everywhere til 4/15 
icon_cry.gif
I know. I ordered mine in January and was supposed to ship Feb 6. 2 days later I got an email telling me it's back ordered til 4/15. I cancelled the order and bought mine at Sportsman's Warehouse over President's Day weekend with 10% off the $149.99. But they don't have the snack stick stuffing horn, and when I ordered it on LEM, it was supposed ship 2/29 and of course I got an email telling me it won't be available til 4/15. So that's the reason for the 21 mm casings. But I love it and it's so easy to use and clean up!

Looks great SH

Man i could drive to the Savannah BassProShop and buy all 7 of the LEM 5 lbs tubes.....Yikes

Looks-Great.gif

Thanks for the compliments. They are happily smoking away and I just walked out there to check my chips and it's SNOWING!!!!

Thanks for the link and I'll check it out, but I don't think LEM will let me cancel the order now. 
They look fantastic SH.

Take a look here for a stuffing tube from Smoke and Stuff. I ordered the 7/16" one for my LEM 1112. They have stuffing tubes for 5lb'ers as well.
icon14.gif

www.smokeandstuff.com.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]And Rick, I even looked on Bass Pro Website and they don't even have it listed online. It's about a 2.5 hr drive to Denver Bass Pro for me and we have a winter storm in the works or I would go up there! Every website that carries LEM stuffers and tubes is sold out and on back order til mid April. Sausageboy ordered his in mid January and just found out that he won't get it until mid April. I guess since they are made in that Ch... country, that could be the cause of the delay. [/font]
Looks great SH

Man i could drive to the Savannah BassProShop and buy all 7 of the LEM 5 lbs tubes.....Yikes

Looks-Great.gif

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Our Sportsmans Warehouse closed last year over a spitting match with the lease. Nearest one now is 140 mi away. Might have to take a drive tho.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Our Sportsmans Warehouse closed last year over a spitting match with the lease. Nearest one now is 140 mi away. Might have to take a drive tho.

No problem with the thread. That stinks about your Sportsman's Warehouse. I'd call and see if they have it before I drove all that way. It's unavailable online but might be in store. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky