Tent folded

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigTurtle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2018
Well, the biz took a nose dive so I'm not even going to try to keep it up and running. I just turned 64 and winter is at the door step. It's not the lack of awesome foods, it's the fact that there aren't any gatherings because of fear. 2021 offers promise as I hope to have my life partner here by then and she can add to the repertoire with her Pinoy foods. She's already teaching me long distance via Messenger.

Thank goodness all of my equipment is paid for.

Sorry to hear. Maybe another crack at it down the road.
Only God knows when and if this craziness will subside.

Reactions: chopsaw
Amen. Praying. Hope that's an allowed content. I'll get through, .

Man a tough break but as said your equipment is paid for. Hang in there we too are hoping for a come back. Local nonprofits hurting in our area for the same thing.

Warren

I hear it would help if everyone everywhere would start wearing a mask, and a real one at that, not the stupid single layer bandana thing.

Man a tough break but as said your equipment is paid for. Hang in there we too are hoping for a come back. Local nonprofits hurting in our area for the same thing.

Warren
Everyone is hurting in some fashion sadly. Thanks to our worthless politicians in DC they use our misery like pawns, neither side wishing to concede. The beat goes on.

I hear it would help if everyone everywhere would start wearing a mask, and a real one at that, not the stupid single layer bandana thing.
If we can survive as a nation until early December

I recently jumped on my paid for Victory Vision motorcycle (shameless I know) and rode down to Eastern North Carolina for a wedding fo a little girl that's all grown up now and she was beautiful. I was anxious to see what the caterer was doing. Roast beef and potatoes ? Carved ham and yams ? Delicious finger foods ?
Nope. Pizza and chicken wings, seriously. I am so out of touch I guess. I do wood fired pizza and wings but on site.

BigTurtle BigTurtle , sorry to hear about your biz. I'm looking forward to hear that you are up and running again, and that your life partner is with you teaching you new Pinoy dishes as she guides you with new/different techniques.

Thanks. She is a delight, smart, beautiful, conservative, Christian, fiscally responsible and she LOVE LOVE LOVES to cook. Match made in heaven, at least we think so. Trying to wait this pandemic/twindemic out so travel is available. We have out sites set on a fusion menu which I think might be a success.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky