Tenderloin....finally!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning folks. For the last 6 months I've been wanting beef tenderloin. But couldn't find any for under 24.00 a pound. Um, no thanks.
But 2 days ago I hit pay dirt. Found 3 roasts for 7.99 a pound!!
Now, I wanted to spin one in the 360 airfryer. But the wife wanted bacon wrapped fillets. Guess who won?!
No build shots. But I sliced the roast into 2" steaks. And let them sit with a salt rub for 6 hours.

IMG_0303.jpg

Then I added some course ground pepper. And fried them in a ribbed CI pan.

IMG_0305.jpg

Plated up with baked tater and crab stuffed bellas. That hit the spot! My tenderloin itch has be scratched!

Nice . I was looking at them the other day but didn't pull the trigger .
Next time you're at GFS look for the petite tenders . You can do a mock filet with them that comes out great . Be good for the air fryer too . Gordons tags them as " chuck tenders "
That's a great looking meal you have there .

Looks great Steve. That plated shot is money! The crab stuffed bellas steal the show. Glad your itch got scratched, not I've got an itch, lol.

Reactions: chopsaw
Around here they are almost always on sale around the holidays BUT never advertised. CONGRATS! That said, I think the crab stuffed mushrooms look better to me than the steaks! :emoji_laughing:

Surprised you didn’t have that for breakfast Steve. Lol

Great looking plate nothing better than a little surf and turf.

Man that is a meal for a king Steve! I do love filets especially when I can trim my own on $7.99 while tenderloin! I’ve been doing the cast iron sear oven finish on mine. Love the method.

That is one fine looking meal Steve! It could be eaten anytime of day... or maybe take me all day to eat it!

Ryan

I'd eat that any day at any time
Richie
Thanks Richie!

Nice . I was looking at them the other day but didn't pull the trigger .
Next time you're at GFS look for the petite tenders . You can do a mock filet with them that comes out great . Be good for the air fryer too . Gordons tags them as " chuck tenders "
That's a great looking meal you have there .
Thanks! Next time I'm at GFS I'll look out for them. Thanks for the tip.

Looks great Steve. That plated shot is money! The crab stuffed bellas steal the show. Glad your itch got scratched, not I've got an itch, lol.
Thanks Mike! The shrooms were excellent!

I'd be thrilled sitting down to that plate Steve, nice piece of work, Like! RAY
Thank you Ray!

Around here they are almost always on sale around the holidays BUT never advertised. CONGRATS! That said, I think the crab stuffed mushrooms look better to me than the steaks! :emoji_laughing:
lol! Thanks!

Surprised you didn’t have that for breakfast Steve. Lol

Great looking plate nothing better than a little surf and turf.
If there would have been leftovers....Thanks!

Man that is a meal for a king Steve! I do love filets especially when I can trim my own on $7.99 while tenderloin! I’ve been doing the cast iron sear oven finish on mine. Love the method.
Thanks Jeff! I've done them that way as well. The results are great that way.

That is one fine looking meal Steve! It could be eaten anytime of day... or maybe take me all day to eat it!

Ryan
Thank you Ryan!

Oh Yeah---Looks Mighty Tasty from here, at the Den!!
Nice Job, Steve!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear!

Another fine meal by the Steve. Well done guy sure could plow into a plate of that.

Warren
Thank you Warren!

Looks great Steve!
Thanks Jim!

SH, Nice plate of goodness!
Thank you!

That looks like a great meal

I've been meaning to smoke beef tenderloin. But like you, haven't found it for a decent price.

The one store that does. Does not carry very good beef. It's always been tough. Weather it's a steak, Chuck roast or tri tip.

That looks like a great meal

I've been meaning to smoke beef tenderloin. But like you, haven't found it for a decent price.

The one store that does. Does not carry very good beef. It's always been tough. Weather it's a steak, Chuck roast or tri tip.

Thank you! I was curious about this price. But it was very good tenderloin. Wife just bought 3 more today.

Reactions: ksblazer
tenor.gif

Sorry I am late to the party. Looks absolutely delicious Steve! Meal fit for a king right there. Get this man a trophy!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky