Temperature Control

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sealer

Original poster
Jul 13, 2020
gday everyone, first-time poster, long time drinker.

just want to seek some feedback about controlling my charcoal bullet smoker temperature. it sits ate about 300f and I can't seem to get it down

I am using coconut charcoal and have the water pan full. The smoker is 47cm.

Reactions: JC in GB
You have too much air entering the fire chamber. Cut down the air flow into the chamber.

You could also use a PID controller and a blower to regulate air flow into the fire chamber.

Blower 1.jpg
DC controller 1.jpg

JC :emoji_cat:

I agree with JC. I use the BBQ Guru controller and fan. Game changer!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

I agree with Jason that a BBQ Guru will fix the issue. They are great products. However, they are also quite pricey. I built the control unit you see in the picture myself. I purchased the BBQ Guru fan and smoker adapter and viola! I got a BBQ pit controller for under $100.

JC

Reactions: millerbuilds
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky