Temp Probe that mount through smoker wall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Omega_Man

Original poster
Aug 6, 2022
Wondering if anyone has drilled the side of their smoker to mount a fitting that would allow a temp probe to be inserted into it from the inside. I want to seal the door on my OKJ Bandera but if I do I would smash the lead from the probe to the temp reader. Welcome any suggestions. thanks.

What are you planning on sealing the door with? If it is a soft heat-resistant gasket then the probe wire will pass thru with no problem.
A small void in the seal that is remotely close to the size of the lead will work too. Don't make to much emphasis on sealing the smoker chamber.. It's not a pressure cooker.

Reactions: negolien and TNJAKE
Wondering if anyone has drilled the side of their smoker to mount a fitting that would allow a temp probe to be inserted into it from the inside. I want to seal the door on my OKJ Bandera but if I do I would smash the lead from the probe to the temp reader. Welcome any suggestions. thanks.
I just drilled a 3/8" hole in the side of my old weber kettle to allow the probes through, right above the grate. Figured an adjustment to the bottom would compensate. Seems to work, but a silicon probe gasket would probably be better.

TNJAKE TNJAKE has you covered
I did this to mine also ,
picked up the grommets from HD and I run My probes through it.
There is rubber in there to make it water proof ( so to speak )

That way not running through the door where I have gaskets
7.JPG DSC_2112.JPG

David

Reactions: 912smoker
Since I always leave my exhaust vents totally open on all my smokers, I drop the temp probes down thru them. No drillin'

Reactions: 801driver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky