Technology At Its Worst!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
This past January I ordered a PID WiFi Controller for my Camp Chef Woodwind as an upgrade. Well, It was easily installed and I tried using it for the first time yesterday (Memorial Day) for a long awaited family get together.

All went well until 10 minutes into the smoke when the controller went completely blank. Checked the Fast Blow Fuse which was just fine. Tried resetting but to no avail. I almost panicked until I realized I had my Tried, True, and Dependable UDS to fall back on. Dinner was a bit later than expected but after a few beers I finally calmed down and all was forgiven.

I called Camp Chef this morning and they are sending me a new controller. . .Great Company and Great Customer Service!

Here's My Little Hero who saved the day chugging away!

IMG_0496.jpg

I hope all had a wonderful Memorial Day.
God Bless America and all our fallen veterans who made it Great!

John

Last edited:
Adapt and overcome right! Sometimes that’s really all our craft comes down to. In my old craft, the truest most meaningful thing I ever heard was, “plan the mission but when the plan goes to sh$&, execute the mission!” Maj Kostic XO 1st Bn 3rd Marines. I glad they’re sending you a replacement. Great customer service can’t be beat!

Reactions: BandCollector
good save John, we never know what or when it will go wrong when smoking, sounds like everything turned out ok though. hopefully your new controller will last a little longer.

good save John, we never know what or when it will go wrong when smoking, sounds like everything turned out ok though. hopefully your new controller will last a little longer.
I don't use my WSM much these days but I will NEVER get rid of it just in case technology fails!

So awesome things worked out for you!

The beer helped considerably!

LOL,

John

Always good to have options or a back up . My trouble is picking which one to start with .
Glad it worked out .

• Love
Nice save John, I find myself using my C.C. P.P. (Camp Chef Pellet Pooper) a whole lot more this time of year with the 100*+ weather we are having all I want to do is kick back in the AC house in my recliner with a nice Knob Creek Manhattan. Without having to get up and down as much as I used to with the stick burner.
Damn, your backyard looks amazing!!!

• Love
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky