Taylors Ham ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Anyone up in Ma know were I can find it? I know it is a Jersey thing LOL
Richie

Richie , after reading and seeing post on Taylor's pork roll , I did a search with my zip code .
Found a place 10 minutes from me that carries a few chubs .
Not much help for you , but might try that . Good luck bud .

Reactions: sawhorseray
I'm in Ga. originally from Jersey. Love Taylor Ham (Pork Roll) only Publix has it here.
Another brand is Case Pork Roll. You might try a search for either brand to see if there's any closer to you. I think the Taylor Company from NJ ships. Good luck.

Thanks guys my Daughter lives here and she hasn't been able to find it,shes been living here 15 years. I have made it before and it was close , so I have to do that again tweeked the recipe will see in a day or so.
Richie

Reactions: zwiller
Reactions: zwiller
The best copy I've seen is by couger78 couger78 .
Linked Below:
jersey-pork-roll-taylors-ham-with-pics.109714

Bear
I do believe it is close that was the first time I made it.
This time I am not using bacon, I will be smoking mine
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
That looks great . I didn't know you had made any . Something I want to try .

Pork Roll was a favorite and my boys are hitting me up to make more again.
You can find Jersey pork roll even in local markets in the Nor Cal Bay Area.
That wasn't the case not that long ago. We had it shipped from New Jersey for some time.

Kevin I can drive to Jersey in 3 hours LOL have breakfast drive home with some, then make lunch.Will be stuffing and smoking today.
Richie

Kevin I can drive to Jersey in 3 hours LOL have breakfast drive home with some, then make lunch.Will be stuffing and smoking today.
Richie

I guess I'm the Lucky one:
They have Pork Roll in all the grocery stores around here---Both Taylor & Case:
"Taylor Pork Roll" originated in 1856.
"Case Pork Roll" originated in 1870.

Bear

I guess I'm the Lucky one:
They have Pork Roll in all the grocery stores around here---Both Taylor & Case:
"Taylor Pork Roll" originated in 1856.
"Case Pork Roll" originated in 1870.

Bear
Same. Although the aren't 'giving' it away at $11/chub.
Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 7.30.51 AM.png

Last time I bought some was a year ago . $7.00 for the 1 lb chub . Need to get up there and grab a few .

I would be shocked if not in MA. It's here in Ohio in my little town... Like couger78 couger78 it is in a very unusual location in the store (chocolate raspberry hummus :emoji_laughing: ) and not by the meat. Plan to try it someday but $15/lb... All this being said, heck yeah make some!

I enjoy digging for info about stuff like this and most people compare it to bologna. A saltier, sweeter, tangy bologna. Bologna has much more spice. Someone posted over at Poli's site the spice mix is probably more like his "ham roll luncheon meat recipe" which is pretty much on point for bologna. www.lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Ham%20Roll%20Luncheon%20Meat.pdf

Also sounds like itcould be lebanon bologna made with pork instead of beef. https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/lebanon-bologna-traditional

Apologize in advance for the bologna comment but I personally hold bologna in high regard. Good bologna is nothing like storebought cheap stuff. We take bologna serious here in Ohio: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/ohio/worlds-best-fried-bologna-oh/

I would be shocked if not in MA. It's here in Ohio in my little town... Like couger78 couger78 it is in a very unusual location in the store (chocolate raspberry hummus :emoji_laughing: ) and not by the meat. Plan to try it someday but $15/lb... All this being said, heck yeah make some!

I enjoy digging for info about stuff like this and most people compare it to bologna. A saltier, sweeter, tangy bologna. Bologna has much more spice. Someone posted over at Poli's site the spice mix is probably more like his "ham roll luncheon meat recipe" which is pretty much on point for bologna. www.lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Ham%20Roll%20Luncheon%20Meat.pdf

Also sounds like itcould be lebanon bologna made with pork instead of beef. https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/lebanon-bologna-traditional

Apologize in advance for the bologna comment but I personally hold bologna in high regard. Good bologna is nothing like storebought cheap stuff. We take bologna serious here in Ohio: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/ohio/worlds-best-fried-bologna-oh/

Yup---I looked for "Len Poli" this morning, but couldn't find it.
This is their Pork Roll, and I think it's the same recipe Couger used:

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky