taylor 1470 problem???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokey2

Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
pottstown,Pa
Just bought the Taylor 1470 and used it in a piece of sausage just to try it out. I set the temp at 170 (on the gage) and left it smoke. after about an hour the thermo temp read HI.today I got a cup of water that I mocrowaved for 2min and put the probe in to see what happened,same thing.thermo temp reading HI. I'm thinking I have a bad unit.anyone else ever have this problem?

Can't help with that particular thermo but sounds like it isn't reading temps right to me, unless you have it accidentally set on C.

I have 2 of the Taylor 1470 thermos that I've had pretty good luck with. I did have to replace a probe due to a bad wire (my fault, not Taylors).

Sounds like a bad probe to me although usually it will read LO when there's no probe connected or the probe has a bad connection. If you have had it for a while, I would suggest ordering a new probe. They are pretty reasonably priced. But if you just bought it, I'd contact the seller and see if you can get it exchanged.

Dave

I called the company and they are sending me a new probe at no charge.hope this takes care of the problem. thanks for all your help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky