Tater chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Last week, some of the steak fries were a little thinner than others & were tasty with nice texture. Tonight, my wife deliberately thin sliced the potato. I cooked them indirect while burgers cooked and then put them on the grill. Only had to "sacrifice" two to the grill. THey were tasty and nice texture. Next week, methinks I will pan fry at the grill. Oh, BTW, the burger was quite tasty too! Used a seasoning mix from a Myron Mixon book.

Attachments

• 20200710_185544.jpg
    20200710_185544.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 24
Nice . Been doing them for awhile now . I slice , then soak to get the starch out . Change the water 3 or 4 times . Pan fried is best , but have been doing them in the air fryer as well .
I also use my sausage seasonings to sprinkle on and flavor the chips . They go fast , and are really good .

Edit to add , I spin them in the salad spinner to remove the moisture .

Nice Job!!
Like.
I do something a little different, but it's my favorite Taters.
First I bake the Taters, and let them cool.
Then I slice them & fry them in Butter, until pretty well browned & crispy on the outside.

Your Burger looks Great too!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky