Sweltering Summertime Succulent Seared Steaks (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man those steaks look fantastic. The whole plate looks great.
Thanks so much. A pretty spartan meal but the steaks came out well enough to post it.
Great looking meal Robert, you nail it each and every time!
Thanks so much my friend. I only nail the ones you see :emoji_wink: Actually I've had a bit of practice cooing them and have not had a total disaster for a while now.
Looks great Robert! I'll take a plate over this way.
Thank you Dave!! Plate is on the way :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: sandyut
Hell of some steaks there Robert. Perfectly cooked. Nice sides. I'd take that over restaurant fare any day!
Thanks so much my friend. I'd not thought about it before you said this but I don't think I've ever even seen this cut offered in a restaurant.
Looks top notch to me Robert! As always you do it right with the sides.
Appreciate it Cliff. I try to do a variety of different sides just to keep things from getting boring.
I feel ya on the heat Robert. It's a blistering 70* here today
Oh hush Chris :emoji_wink: At that temp I'd have to break out the long johns and parka. Seriously though, I appreciate the kind words.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Looks really good. I have to look around to see if I can find this
Thanks buddy. I don't know that I've ever seen this cut in a store or restaurant. You might have to get them online but it's well worth it. They are fantastic.
Great lookin steaks
Thank you!! Appreciate the kind words.
Great job on all of it! I'd take that over restaurant food any day.
Thanks and I agree. We pretty much gave up on restaurants after I found this forum and my cooking improved a ton. You just can't get the same flavor or quality eating in a restaurant.

Robert

Reactions: TH-n-PA
Thanks so much my friend. I'd not thought about it before you said this but I don't think I've ever even seen this cut offered in a restaurant.

Appreciate it Cliff. I try to do a variety of different sides just to keep things from getting boring.

Oh hush Chris :emoji_wink: At that temp I'd have to break out the long johns and parka. Seriously though, I appreciate the kind words.

Robert
Don't mind gmc2003 gmc2003 he is still chipping the ice away to get to the beer pole...lol

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Great looking Steaks, as always Robert!!
Nice Job!
Very much appreciate it Bear, both the comments and the like.
That looks yummy! I gotta give those a try sometime. Well done Robert
They are outstanding!! Pack up the family,come on out to the house, and let's have a throw-down. After seeing what you posted and all the cookers I have, I bet we could put on one heck of a feast.
Awesome looking steaks, I bet they taste even better. And great move for the mrs. I'm sure she appreciates it
Thanks so much, and they are about the most flavorful steaks we've ever had. You know the saying: happy wife, happy life. I enjoy making her happy so it all works out.

Robert

Excellent write-up and excellent steaks! They look sooo good! Been hot here in Arkansas too! How hot you ask, my toooths were sweating.
Thanks for the kind words Justin. Not so much for the visual of the sweating tooths though. That's something right out of "Tales From The Crypt" :emoji_laughing:
That steak looks perfectly cooked Robert, and also probably better cooked than any restaurant! A perfect dinner for Tracy!
Thank you Joe. At least doing the steaks ourselves we can get them the way we like them versus how somebody else thinks they should be served. There's just nothing better than home cooked food.
Can I possibly inquire on the “insane spice blend”?
Appreciate the kind words my friend. Insofar as the spice blend....well, it's an interesting story. I've done dozens of exchanges with forum members and have received tons of different rubs and spice mixes. Over time a lot of the bottles were getting really low. Had a ton of them taking up a lot of real estate in the pantry for not much product. Took all of them out and had a taste of each. All were good and slightly different. A lot of variety. I dumped about 12 different mixes into a bowl, mixed all of them together, and put it into one container. Talk about one deeply complex flavor combination!! It may sound weird but the mix came out fantastic.

Robert

I love quick and easy!

I too tire of restaurant fare....

That looks like a perfect dish (minus the corn 😬) to come home to!

All looks fantastic Robert and as usual you nailed the steak. I’ve heard it said that ribeye cap is conserved by many to be the best cut of beef of all.
Thanks Jeff. You'll get no arguments from me about the quality of the cap steaks. The only thing I might give a slight edge to is the CPB tenderloin.
Noticed you have a set of Grill Grates. Just replace all of the grates on my Hestan with them last week.
Very much appreciate the kind words Matt. Those are actually the sear grates that came with my Rec Tec 700. I just use them on several different cookers.
When the thread says tx smoker tx smoker , you know it’s going to be a good one. I love the pictures. I’m with you on steaks. I absolutely love them. I’ll take a steak over brisket any day. Am I allowed to say that?
Wow...that's a quantum leap of faith Sven but thanks so much for the kind words. You are allowed to say it, of course. Not everybody loves all things the same. Although I do enjoy a well cooked brisket, steak is my mainstay.
That is a perfectly cooked steak Robert!
Nicely done!
Thanks so much Al. I appreciate it sir.

Robert

Don't mind gmc2003 gmc2003 he is still chipping the ice away to get to the beer pole...lol
Yep, that's correct Cliff. gmc2003 gmc2003 is probably still waiting for the cranium to thaw so he can get ready for the Springtime cookouts :emoji_laughing: I swear, I could never live in a climate like that again. Lived in the NW suburbs of Chicago for 5 years and it was miserable.
Great looking meal! You do Tracy pretty good.
Thanks Jim!! For the record, Tracy does me pretty good too :emoji_wink:
For a quick and easy meal, it all looks awesome, and the steak is out of the park.
Very much appreciate it Warren. With heat like this you gotta be able to put together a decent meal quick. Either that or suffer heat stroke :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I love quick and easy!

I too tire of restaurant fare....
I'm an interesting story there. Used to live and die for eating in restaurants. don't know if it was because I couldn't cook at the time or if I was just lazy. Since finding SMF and my cooking game has improved we have no desire to spend a ton of $$ for inferior food. Prior to COVID we'd still go out once in a while just to get out. since COVID and the lifestyle changes that were forced on us, we no longer want to go out at all.

Robert

Reactions: TH-n-PA
Yep, that's correct Cliff. gmc2003 gmc2003 is probably still waiting for the cranium to thaw so he can get ready for the Springtime cookouts :emoji_laughing: I swear, I could never live in a climate like that again. Lived in the NW suburbs of Chicago for 5 years and it was miserable.

Thanks Jim!! For the record, Tracy does me pretty good too :emoji_wink:

Very much appreciate it Warren. With heat like this you gotta be able to put together a decent meal quick. Either that or suffer heat stroke :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Just being in/near Chicago would be miserable regardless of the weather.

Reactions: schlotz
Just being in/near Chicago would be miserable regardless of the weather.
I felt the same way the whole Time I was there. Talk about a displaced mountain boy. Major culture shock that I could never adjust to.

Robert

1656706550149.png

• Haha
Reactions: schlotz and gmc2003
I'm an interesting story there. Used to live and die for eating in restaurants. don't know if it was because I couldn't cook at the time or if I was just lazy. Since finding SMF and my cooking game has improved we have no desire to spend a ton of $$ for inferior food. Prior to COVID we'd still go out once in a while just to get out. since COVID and the lifestyle changes that were forced on us, we no longer want to go out at all.

Robert
I too used to love the restaurants especially with a great deal of my time on the road.

My opinion changed a few years back when I changed the way I ate.
I removed grains and try to eat cleaner.

Occasionally I go on long jobs (same hotel for a week) and I will bring my portable kitchen and cook in the room.
The rest of the time I will hit grocery stores or look for clean options.

Or sushi
Sushi is always a yes
Even grocery store sushi
And for breakfast if it's Wegmans grocery store sushi
Sushi rice/grains don't count
Just like beer and liquor grains don't count
😬

gmc2003 gmc2003 is probably still waiting for the cranium to thaw so he can get ready for the Springtime cookouts :emoji_laughing: I swear, I could never live in a climate like that again. Lived in the NW suburbs of Chicago for 5 years and it was miserable.

Chicago just the word gives me the heebie jeebies. It may be cooler up here, but we can add layers of clothing while you tumble weeds can only take off so many.LOL. If climate change doesn't get to bad in the next few years. The wife and I are looking to retire somewhere down south.

Chris

Chicago just the word gives me the heebie jeebies. It may be cooler up here, but we can add layers of clothing while you tumble weeds can only take off so many.LOL. If climate change doesn't get to bad in the next few years. The wife and I are looking to retire somewhere down south.

Chris
We have TN on our radar for that when the time comes

We have TN on our radar for that when the time comes
I've heard some good things about TN. We would want to be within driving distance of our daughter in Georgia.

Chris

I've heard some good things about TN. We would want to be within driving distance of our daughter in Georgia.

Chris
yeah we have one teaching in NH, not sure where our daughter will end up though. She is still in college.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky