Sweet & Spicy Beef Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
Lean rump roast was $2.99 a pound so jerky it is! There are better cuts but at that price might as well slice it up.

3ZOBpP.jpg

-----

S8tUJw.jpg

-----

Added cure and Sweet & Spicy seasoning and let it marinade a few days in the fridge. Smoked with cherry and apple at 160º, about 5 hours in pieces started coming off and finished all after about 7 hours.

eNBwTo.jpg

-----

Of course we taste tested a few pieces, but vacuum sealed and froze the rest for some future tasty treats!

lpEM06.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks great! I love sweet heat. My problem with making jerky is no matter how much I make or how hard I try it never seems to make it to the freezer. It just magically disappears. Somewhere.

Good looking Jerky. Do you have the recipe for seasoning or was it store bought? I've been use pork loin from Sams Club. I get it for $1.79/lb and taste just as good as beef for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky