SWEET FIRE PICKLES ***PICTURES UPLOADED***

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds Great!
But Man! Do you have any idea how long a gallon of Pickle Chips would last around here?
About 1/10th as long as hot pickle chips would. Nobody be me would eat the hot ones.
But Mama would sure be hot seeing a jar taking up real estate in the fridge. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Maybe if I reduce it to say a quart, then hide it in my "curing fridge". :emoji_smiling_imp:

You need to tell your old lady this little curing fridge she makes you hide in the garage isn’t cutting it! You need to get a full size. Keeps way more beer than an 18 pack plus got room for cheese bacon and pickles.

upload_2019-2-14_22-46-59.jpeg

...minus the bottled water

You need to tell your old lady this little curing fridge she makes you hide in the garage isn’t cutting it! You need to get a full size. Keeps way more beer than an 18 pack plus got room for cheese bacon and pickles.

View attachment 387994
...minus the bottled water
Awesome collection there! PBR gets a big like!!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Tried the Jalapenos today. Good sweet taste with the onion and garlic notes. I must say, they will light your ass on fire as well. Perfection!!

I tried the jalapenos today. Good sweet flavor with the onion and fresh garlic notes. I must say they were very good and will light your ass up. Perfection!!!

Ok, so gonna try these. I do have a question. You said to drain all the liquid. Then add the ingredients, then flip jar for several days. In the last photo there is a lot of liquid in there. Did that just happen naturally over time or did I miss a step of adding more liquid in? They sound real good.

Ok, so gonna try these. I do have a question. You said to drain all the liquid. Then add the ingredients, then flip jar for several days. In the last photo there is a lot of liquid in there. Did that just happen naturally over time or did I miss a step of adding more liquid in? They sound real good.
No you did not miss anything. Do not add any liquid. It will occur naturally and very quickly.

This is a pickle recipe that I have done for years. It will also work with a gallon of sliced pickled jalapenos. It is outstanding and extremely easy. **** Today I found 1/2 gallon of pickles and 1/2 gallon of jalapenos. CUT THE BELOW RECIPE IN HALF*** Flip them upside down after 1 day in the fridge. Day 2 flip them back upright. continue this every day for a week or two. The longer in the mixture the better they are.

SWEET FIRE PICKLES

1 gallon of hamburger dill chips

6 cups of sugar

1 large onion (chopped or sliced) your preference

1 tablespoon of red pepper

1 tablespoon of hot sauce

4 cloves of garlic (chopped)

Drain all juice from the gallon of dill chips. Then pour the sugar and all remaining items over the pickles. Flip the gallon jar upside down then back upright several times to mix up the mixture. Place in the refrigerator. The next day, flip the jar upside down. The next day flip it back upright. Repeat this process for several days. According to your taste, you can add more red pepper for hotter pickles.
View attachment 387968 View attachment 387969 View attachment 387970 View attachment 387971 View attachment 387972

Finally got around to making some of these that your post inspired. Here is my version:

32oz jar hamburger dill chips
8 oz jar pickled jalapeños
1.5 cups sugar
2 tsp crushed red pepper
few dashes of hot sauce
5 garlic cloves sliced

1. Drain the pickles but reserve the liquid (Save the jar as well)
2. Put drained pickles in large bowl
3. Add in 8oz pickled jalapeños (I used 1/2 of a 16oz jar but just the peppers no liquid)
4. Add 1.5 cups white sugar
5. Add in about 2 tsp crushed red pepper
6. Shake in a few generous shakes of hot sauce
7. Toss in the sliced garlic
8. Stir to combine and then cover and let sit for about 2 hours on the counter top (I stir them maybe 4 times in that time span)
9. After 2 hours the sugar will have extracted a lot of juice form the pickles.
10. Add the pickle mixture back into the original pickle jar and then pour the liquid that was extracted over top. If there is not enough liquid to cover the pickles then add enough of the reserved pickle juice to do so. (I did not have to do so today and I usually prefer not to).
11. Put in the fridge with a large label "DO NOT TOUCH" touch for atleast two weeks.

pickles 1.jpg
pickles 2.jpg
pickles 3.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky