Sweet Baby Ray's Sauce..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hemi

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Central North Carolina
If you live near a food lion store... Sweet Baby Ray's 2.2? each BoGo..
limit 2. I just wore the cashiers out.. Hemi..
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Sweet Baby Rays is my wife's favorite sauce at the moment, I always have to have a bottle or two of it around the house for her. I like their hot wing sauce as a good sticky base for saucy wings when I make them that way, but I add some of my insane hot sauces to them to really make them burn. Their wing sauce holds up well on a grill with medium-low or indirect heat IMO.

Normally I don't use SBR's sauce cause it is one among many that has the first or second ingredient listed as high fructose corn syrup (can't have it in moderation if it is in everything) but their raspberry chipotle is really good, haven't tried their honey chipotle yet but I hope it is just as good as the raspberry chipotle.

My wife likes it but I am not that crazy about it...

She has bought the Original and the Honey.

It is a pretty good sauce as is but I usually use it like I do Open Pit sauce.
More like a base to add to. , Quick and easy. and when on sale it is reasonable enough. A lot of my spices are older than I am. I am gonna
dump all but the salt and black pepper and start over. Been gonna do it for a while now. by the time I hunt up alla the spices I need to make a descent sauce I got more trouble in it than it is worth. SBR or open pit
is almost there as is..Hemi..
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

I'm with you on this one... besides, I can't have High Fructose Corn Syrup, too much of that in Sweet Baby Rays

(not to hyjack the thread with negativity, sorry Hemi)

No sweat.. not everybody is the same..
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif
I got diabetes II so I can only use a little at a time.. That is why I use a vinegar base mostly..

That might just work out cause I usually use a cheap sauce as a base for my BBq sauce anyway. Thanks Hemi

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky