SV Machine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigtank

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 10, 2018
Algona IA
Thinking of getting into SV cooking. What machine do you recommend? What machines have good apps? Looking for opinions. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: JLeonard
i have a Crux my daughter got me. No app for it. But i did download the annova and joule apps for cooking suggestions. It works well for me. Inkbird is a sponsor here and lots of the guys use their SV. And You can occasionally find a discount code for them.
Jim

I have the Inkbird ISV-200w. It has worked well so far, and the app is decent.

I have an Anova Precision, which I use most of the time, and an Anova Pro that I use if I want to use a large cooler for my water bath.

I use the Doug Baldwin instructions and tables as well as the Anova site instead of an app. Once I found my sweet spot for certain things, I just recorded that info into a SV journal.

Have had my Inkbird for almost a year now and it works great. Didn't break the bank on it either.

If you want to try it fairly inexpensively to see if its some thing you want to do, the Monoprice Strata can be had for $50 with free shipping. With that thought in mind I bought one 6 yrs ago just to see if I liked it. Shortly after, Anova closed out their 900 watt line and I picked one of those up for $28 on clearance. I was going to switch over to it but decided to use the Strata until the wheels fell off which I thought would happen in a year or two. A couple weeks ago it finally gave up the ghost in the middle of a cook and I made the switch to the Anova. I was surprised and impressed that it lasted that long as much as it was used. No bells and whistles but it works.

https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=21594

Inkbird here, don’t get to use it as much as i want to but it works as it should and would buy it again if I needed 1

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky