SV Eye Round and Smoked Apple Crisp...Test?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A3C9777B-E466-4264-8E4A-DE7B67E849EC.jpeg B1DFE74E-DB81-4B95-9554-C0EE2A95ADEF.jpeg

Smoked for I would say 1.5 hrs but should have given it another .5hr and it would have been stellar!! CC was *225? Honestly I knew the temp was not terribly critical so I didn’t watch it like a hawk.

Wow, good test! I think that spoon is the perfect size to eat it with also

Ryan

your funny Broken Handle!
ok on to the Eye Round:
Did a coffee rub myself for first time, here is before and...well after? LoL
A0C5FD9C-3B5B-44D8-9112-C0F24D6DB9FB.jpeg 75F092C9-70AA-4024-B8FB-682C150815E3.jpeg

Had a few steaks thawed ready for an epic fail and this turned out great! Steaks being eatin tonight with the coffee rub again :-) I guessed at the portions incorrectly and made too much so have a little spice jar of it now which works out great!

Wednesday did not get a shot of a plate with food, but I had soft polenta with a slice of beef resting on it and shaved Brussel sprouts. If I had more experience I would have had made the beef juice( that tasted like coffee) into a reduction and poured that over the polenta. Would have been killer!

Have a lot to learn with this SV regarding larger pieces of meat. I seared this on my chimney starter and was not happy so chucked it into my firebox that was full cooking the dessert. It was good but could have been warmer in the middle. It had sat in the ice bucket for a while because our friends were late! Hence was stone cold in the center and I was scared of over killing it in the firebox.

Reactions: crazymoon
Want to say the chat feature was very useful for quick pointers, one of you advised with the ice bath and a few other things....you know who you are, thanks mate!!

The coffee rub turned out to be the star and my wife loves it on her steak now!
Guess I will have to make more.

Hey NW55, I threw this together using a coffee made by a small coffee roaster down in NM. My first time putting a coffee rub together, thought I was wasting my special piñon roasted coffee beans but gave it a whirl and surprised myself....beginners luck I’m sure.

Reactions: Norwester55
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky