SV Brisket Re-heat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CTXSmokeLover

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 17, 2022
Central TX
I've had the SV for a few months now but I'm still loving to learn all of it's many uses. Last night I re-heated a chunk of brisket point that I had frozen for dinner. Did it at 165 degrees for 2 hours (per meatchurch vid on YT).

I was amazed at how good it turned out and how similar it was to when we first ate it. It was great to have weeknight brisket! I'll be using this method moving forward anytime I need to re-heat brisket. Would highly recommend. Another win for the SV

IMG_0585.jpg
IMG_0588.jpg
IMG_0589.jpg
IMG_0590.jpg
IMG_0593.jpg
IMG_0597.jpg

Great call Tyler. Nice thing is you can set it up early in the morning, let it go all day, and come home to a really good meal. We've actually had brisket come out better after the SV bath then when it first came off the smoker. Simmering in it's own juices can really tenderize it and enhance the flavors deep into the meat.

Robert

I've yet to use my SV for reheating. But, I love it for everything else. Your brisket looks mighty fine.
Jim
Thanks Jim. The SV continues to impress me
That's the best aspect about sous vide, leftovers without over cooking.
Tritip off the Weber
View attachment 647731

Next week off sous vide right from the freezer
View attachment 647732

Got to love all this new stuff, makes life easy. RAY
Those are some mighty fine looking leftovers there Ray. The SV is a pretty handy gadget for sure
Great call Tyler. Nice thing is you can set it up early in the morning, let it go all day, and come home to a really good meal. We've actually had brisket come out better after the SV bath then when it first came off the smoker. Simmering in it's own juices can really tenderize it and enhance the flavors deep into the meat.

Robert
Right on the money Robert, I can definitely tell that it enhanced the flavors and tenderness. I was curious how long you could let it go for. You mentioned you have kept them in the bath all day? Wasn't sure if there was a point where it might get over tenderized?
Ok you may have just given me a reason to get a SV.... that looks really good for left overs!
Yes sir, this is a good enough reason alone to get a SV. It seems to have many uses, which I am slowly discovering. Fun toy for sure!

I have gotten to the point where i take my whole brisket when its done and put it in the fridge. Then the next day I slice it and bag it and vacuum seal it in meal size portions.

Then when I want brisket I pull it out and right into my sousvide for a few hours.
It is always as good as the stuff I had the first day.

I love the SV, last week I had a half rack of BB sealed and frozen from a previous cook. Let it ride in the SV and FOB which I like.

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
I was amazed at how good it turned out and how similar it was to when we first ate it.
Yup . Works great , and it sure looks good . Nice work . I did one yesterday . Ate from it last night and I'm going to save a hunk for a later SV date .

Ok you may have just given me a reason to get a SV..
I case you need more encouragement . This was in the freezer about
3 months .

20200927_173944.jpg
20200927_174102.jpg
20200927_174225.jpg

I'm still a hold out, but then again I still don't own a cell phone. I will admit that you folks certainly make a strong case for buying an SV.

Chris

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
Cheesecakes? or cheese steaks? Like to see how a cheesecake is done?
Cheese Cakes. They are made in individual 4oz jars. My favorite is the lemon curd. I've made grasshopper and turtle as well. everyone that's tried them, love them. you make the cheese cake batter and fill the canning jars. Lemon curd goes into its own jars. They go into the bath for 75 minutes at 176 degrees. Once fully chilled the curd gets added to the cheese cake. Add a graham cracker crumble to serve!

I think at some point a SV will be as common as a toaster.
They do so many things, everybody will have one!
Al
I agree Al. I use mine more than my toaster already!
Thank you for the info! I’ve been trying to convince my wife for a year now, I’m using this thread to support my argument.
Best of luck to you! She won't be disappointed
I'm still a hold out, but then again I still don't own a cell phone. I will admit that you folks certainly make a strong case for buying an SV.

Chris
Cell phones are overrated and can't make you perfectly cooked meats lol. I would definitely prioritize the SV.
I keep my wife happy with my sous vide by keeping her supplied with sous vide Cheesecakes! I kinda like them too though.
Cheese Cakes. They are made in individual 4oz jars. My favorite is the lemon curd. I've made grasshopper and turtle as well. everyone that's tried them, love them. you make the cheese cake batter and fill the canning jars. Lemon curd goes into its own jars. They go into the bath for 75 minutes at 176 degrees. Once fully chilled the curd gets added to the cheese cake. Add a graham cracker crumble to serve!
??!! Wow! I have to try this. Thanks for sharing! Yet another function of the magical SV

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky