SV Beef and cheese sausages?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
a local butcher makes these beef, cheese and bacon sausages that are pretty dang good. But no matter how I cook seems like most of the cheese blows out in the cook.

whatcha think about Sous vide them before grilling? Do you think that make any difference of just change where the cheese comes out...

no clue about the sv, is it possible your heat is to high, did you ever try a cheese sausage from somewhere else to see if it does the same thing, most places use a high temp cheese, maybe your local butcher doesn't use it. just me thinking out loud.

I’ve done sausages in the SV before grilling, mainly because I put them in frozen and not have to worry about overcooking them. That way I could grill when I’m ready.

I’ve done jalapeño cheddar with no blowouts. You’re only grilling them for looks and color post SV

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky