Surprise exchange

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
A few months ago, I sent Mark ( mballi3011) some chile pepper seeds, and in return he mentioned some rubs and BBQ sauce as an exchange. I got busy being concerned with some health issues, and I had forgotten about it.

This last weekend I got a package from Mark, with three great rubs/seasonings, a sauce, and a great Gators t-shirt too. I appreciate his generosity and sincerity, as it was a nice surprise.

The Gator Hammock/Gator Done is a nice rounded flavor rub that has salt, garlic, black pepper, onion, paprika, along with assorted spices and peppers. This rub is so well balanced, not too salty; you can use it with a combination of meats. An excellent general-purpose rub.

Gator Hammock/Cooter Rubb is a nice spicy rub that has garlic, salt, chipotle and other peppers. Very nice smoky flavor with a definite kick to its flavor. This would be great on carnitas, carne asada, and other beef cuts. I’m sure it would be just as great on chicken/shrimp and pork too.

The Cackalacky Beer –B-Q is a great beer flavored seasoning. It has Cane sugar, kosher salt, Barley malt, and Garlic powder, Paprika, seasoned salt Chile powder, Celery, Salt and other spices. It has a very distinct hop flavor that would be good on beef, shrimp, taco shells, nachos and pizza too.   

The Mob’s Rib Paint is a nice flavored sauce. It has a rice and savory taste that incorporates a little sweetness along with some tang to it. It is a very well rounded sauce that can be used on most beef, pork and chicken that is destined to be grilled or smoked. Good balance of flavors, there is not one flavor that overrides the sauce. I like Sweet Baby Ray’s, but I would choose Mob’s Rib Paint as first choice.  

Last but not least, Gloria and I both liked the t-shirt. I’ll have pics, once it comes out of the wash.

My thanks to Mark, for a great surprise exchange. It’s all good my friend.

Rich

Nice Score... he got me hooked on that Gator Hammock Rubs TOO... LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky