Sunday Smoke underway

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnnyk68

Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Lakeville (Northeast) Pa
Well I fired up the smoker at 7:30 AM this morning using Royal Oak. Got it stabilized at 225-250, and put the 4.5lb pork picnic which was sitting out the last hour after being treated with a good dry rub last night on the grate above the water pan. Along with a couple of chunks of the wild apple wood that I have had soaking since about midnight to the hot coals. That was at about 8:15. The 2 racks of baby backs shortly followed along with a half dozen turkey drums that have been brined for the past 10 hours. I have the pulled pork mopping sauce ready. I am really trying to put everything I have learned by reading the form and home page into action. I hope it all turns out as well as some of the other stuff I have read on here has.
I will post results later tonight.

Hey Johnny, I was wondering how those turkey drums turned out. I recently heard folks talking about the drumsticks at Walt Disney world, which are supposed to be fantastic, and they brine theirs. Ever had them?

Everythiing turned out great! The ribs fell off the bone and were just awesome. The picnic pulled with ease after being removed at 185, and the turkey drums were to die for, they were gone before they hit the table. This was by far my best results. I cant waiti until the nest time I have the time to do this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky