• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sunday pulled pork

Brewandque

Joined Dec 14, 2020
Smoked an 8 pound Boston butt today. Rubbed it down on last night to hang out in the fridge. Put it on this morning at 7 at 270. Used a komado style grill and burried my wood chunks in the charcoal. I never tried that before but it was a winner. I had a thin blue smoke all day. Not bitter white smoke which I always seem to have some of. I mopped it every 45 minutes. Mop consisted of water, white vinegar, red pepper flakes, kosher salt and lemon.

At four o'clock I pulled it off the grill after it hit an internal temp of 205.

Turned out really nice. Moist and tender. Could've used a little salt. I think next time I'll add some while pulling.

Attachments

HowlingDog

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 16, 2019
Nice work!!!! I use a mop with apple juice, a little apple cider vinegar, a bit of whiskey and a smidge of bbq sauce!

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Looks good nice job

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Good job on that PP. Bone sure came out nice and clean.
Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.