Sunday Pork Belly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh man, that looks like perfection! All your practice paid off for sure!

I've never done one whole, always in smaller pieces. Have you tried doing a "second" sear in a cast iron of a slice or pieces yet? That is when I LOVE it...the second day seared is perfection on perfection!

My boy and me have been craving pork belly and this doesn't help, might just have to pick one up over the Christmas break....We have a "spoken" rule of only twice a year so we are almost "allowed" to do another one!

Looks great Johnny! I’ve never had pork belly either, I want to try it but a part of me is also hesitant because I trim a lot of fat of my food when eating.

I need you as a neighbor! Lol
It’s not for the faint of heart as it relates to fatty meat. If you were closer I’d sure hook you up with a cube or three. Lol

Johnny Ray

Damn Johnny that looks outstanding! I need to go see the cardiologist just looking at that goodness! I have never done one cooked always cure them for bacon but this is on my list to do! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Vol! I’m sure it’s not good for me but it tastes oh so good. Bacon is next on my list with the other two pieces I got out of this slab. Never made my own bacon before.

Johnny Ray

Oh man, that looks like perfection! All your practice paid off for sure!

I've never done one whole, always in smaller pieces. Have you tried doing a "second" sear in a cast iron of a slice or pieces yet? That is when I LOVE it...the second day seared is perfection on perfection!

My boy and me have been craving pork belly and this doesn't help, might just have to pick one up over the Christmas break....We have a "spoken" rule of only twice a year so we are almost "allowed" to do another one!
Thanks civilsmoker! I plan to sear some tomorrow for a pork belly sandwich on a crusty roll with sweet creamy coleslaw on top.
I love spoken rules! They’re way easier to break than the written ones! Lol

Johnny Ray

Thanks civilsmoker! I plan to sear some tomorrow for a pork belly sandwich on a crusty roll with sweet creamy coleslaw on top.
I love spoken rules! They’re way easier to break than the written ones! Lol

Johnny Ray

Oh man seared pork belly sandwich.....YUM!

Here are two other thoughts on prep......cut up some 3/4 inch cubes then sear in a pan and simmer with BBQ sauce....then put over an toasted open roll Next sear one of those squares on all sides, then slice at 45 deg and pair it with a sunny side egg and seared tomatoes half's...double yum! or....man I could go on and on....pork belly is pure amazing at the many ways it can be prepared and consumed with pleasure!

Reactions: Johnny Ray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky