Sunday flat for work

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
little 4lb flat for work sandwiches. pre seasoned flat, i liked it for the uniformity of it. pics show my hand for reference. i have grown into a morton's fan on their briskets and tritip. both are pre seasoned but you can add some heat etc if you want. i often find points mixed in with the flats at times. i added some jamaican jerk seasoning for some heat . ill go as is with a 2 cups beef broth in the pan for 3 to 4 hours at 250 or so. i then put in instapot with the juices from the pan. 45 mins then chk. some times i have to go another 30 for tender. ive found this as a quick and easy way for getting flats done and still moist and tender.
20200920_095418.jpg 20200920_095402.jpg 20200920_101540.jpg
20200920_095402.jpg
20200920_095533.jpg

Reactions: jcam222 and chopsaw
That sounds like a good method for flat That IP takes a lot longer for me than what they say but it will get the job done.
should have made point of, the 45 minutes includes letting it self release steam ie-cool off.

I picked up one of those this past Friday at Aldis hope to do it this week,yours looks real good.
thank you. hope you like it, i smoke them often for sandwiches, or with gravy from juices and another favorite is using it for chili.

Gotta love the magic of Instant Pots
for small cuts keeping moisture and the quicker finish time your dead on. another one use it on is pork carnitas i pick up at aldi's. same thing smoke then instapot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky