Sunday Brisket Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingeric

Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Wisconsin
Starting off with a brisket smoke, got a nice Brisket from Costco. Just salt and pepper in that rub, will plan on foiling at 170 with a little moisture added in the foil, then let her go to 195.

Also threw on a small pork but that was hanging on from the summer farmers market, should make for a nice lunch and hold me over for the smokey goodness of the brisket come lunch time.

Forgot the Q view...

ehyrebut.jpg

I've hit a stall on mine, both the brisket and pork butt are just above 140, have the smoker running at 250, lunch with the pork is out of the question.

Hope yours is running a bit better than mine.

Had a near disaster. The smoker tipped over with a huge gust of wind. Luckily the brisket stayed in the body of the smoker when it was laying on the side and the pork butt ended up in the lid of the smoker.

I quickly got the oven to 250, wrapped both pieces of meat in a double foil, then let the brisket go to 190 and the pork 195.

Here are a couple pics of the pork, still have the brisket resting.

ahenyvut.jpg

u4a2umed.jpg

Finished up the brisket, my most moist yet, needed a bit more pepper in the rub, and need to figure out how to get a good bark and keep the moisture.

pe2ymaqa.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky