Sunday Afternoon Broils w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Local grocery had top round “London broil” on sale $2.99 lb so picked a couple of them up. Figured yesterday would be a great day to get them going.

Getting them prepped up for marinade.
upload_2019-5-20_15-16-56.jpeg

Marinade and seasoning on and then into the fridge for a couple hours.
upload_2019-5-20_15-18-2.jpeg

Got some tilapia ready for the wife. She’s not huge on London broil.
upload_2019-5-20_15-19-12.jpeg

Making a little gravy for the broils. Kind of an experiment as I go kind of thing since I figured would be the only one eating it. Onions mushrooms jalapeños garlic au jus mix and a few other things.
upload_2019-5-20_15-22-51.jpeg

Heat the grill up to 600 and seared these bad boys.
upload_2019-5-20_15-23-47.jpeg

Put them on the top rack after the sear and pulled them at 120. We like rare-medium rare around here.

Fish on
upload_2019-5-20_15-25-21.jpeg

Didn’t get any finished pics of the fish was ready to cut into those broils. Money shot.
upload_2019-5-20_15-26-45.jpeg

upload_2019-5-20_15-27-4.jpeg

Plated shot with garlic bread and baked potato covered with broccoli/cheese. Covered the meat and potato with the mushroom jalapeño gravy. I don’t think I’ve ever been so full in my life.
upload_2019-5-20_15-29-48.jpeg

Too full for another beer so finished off with the good stuff.
upload_2019-5-20_15-30-11.jpeg

Thanks for looking

Thank y’all for the likes. The jalapeño mushroom gravy was a keeper for sure but that sh!t was hot! Probably should have de-seeded a few of those!

Looking good, and nice beverage choice. Gotta have the hard stuff to be a Vol fan these days!

Man I feel the pain lol. Beer just doesn’t do it anymore watching them year in and out but hey you never know! Blood runs orange through and through no matter what. Dilly dilly. Go vols!

Dang those broils look great, perfect doneness. That Lite peaking it's head out of the cozy isn't quite up to PBR standards but it will do just fine.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Dang those broils look great, perfect doneness. That Lite peaking it's head out of the cozy isn't quite up to PBR standards but it will do just fine.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks for the point. Yeah the Miller Lite's go down smooth on a hot day but I need to stock back up on PBR

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky