Summer Sausage Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
I have 4lbs of beef cured stuffed and ready for the smoker I did this yesterday with plans to smoke today, now the soonest I will be able to smoke them is Sunday. Will they still be good after sitting in the fridge for 3 to 4 days before smoking?

Thanks for the reply, I can't seem to find any info about how long you can keep cured ground meat in the fridge and still be safe.

John

No idea either.....

But the cure needs a certain minimum amount of time to do it's "cure" thing.  I would think once the chemicals are at an equilibrium level, it's just cured fresh meat in cold storage.  Can you over cure meat buy letting the cure work too long?

Last edited:
The cure thing takes 4 hrs...................Ive left cured meat in the fridge up to 5 days..... Just make sure you go by the experation date on the meat

Last edited:
I would agree with the others with one comment. The cure will dry your sausage at least somewhat .I have also left mine in frig for a few days  having put cure in it. Something comes up and you can not finish it, no problem , just remember it might be a little drier. In the case of SS it might even enhance the flavor. Happy SM Weisswurst

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky