suggestions on smoking 5lb brisket in MES 40

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scottymo15

Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
I am very new to all of this, in fact just got my MES 40 and 5x8 amnps.  Not really sure where to start and could use a step by step instruction on what to do.  I have looked around and feel a little overwhelmed.  I understand how to trim the fat off my brisket, but after that, I"m lost.  Where do I put my AMNPS?  do i just set that at the bottom of my smoker?  I recieved 2 lb's of smoke pellets with my AMNPS.  I also got some seasoning to go with it.  How long should i smoke?  Should i light both sides? When do I wrap it, should i inject it with beef broth?  If so, guess I need something to inject it with huh?  hahahah....as you can see, I'm totally lost.  Any help would be appreciated, or maybe you can just point me to a spot on the forum that i may have missed.  Thank you so much!  Looking to begin smoking Saturday night so I can eat and watch football Sunday.

take care!

Mo

Hello  Mo.  Welcome.  I see this is your first post.  Please take some time and swing over to Roll Call and introduce yourself so that we may give you a proper "Hello".  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  As for your question:  Here is my opinion for what it is worth.  Others will have different advice.  This is only my opinion.  Read your instructions and season the smoker prior to use.  The AMNPS can be put on the bottom.  Start with lighting one end.  Light both ends for more smoke flavour.  Good luck.

Danny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky