Suggestions for new BBQ grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheech

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 19, 2005
Beautiful Grand Rapids Michigan
I currently have two smokers but for those times when I want a quick steak on the grill I would like to replace the BBQ gas grill I have.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what grill to replace my old one with?

Take a look at the Webber line of grills. They seem to last and Webber is pretty good in the customer service area. My Dad has used the Webber charcoal grill for at least the last 20 years or so and has never had a complaint about it and I've never heard any complaints from the propane users. Here is a link to their site http://www.weberstuff.com/webergasgrills.html

I just bought a Brinkmann pro 4655 all stainless steel. Damn nice unit! I love it. It's a brand new bbq and it's not even on brinkmann's site yet. Call and ask for it. It looks like this one but all stainless...

810-4615-0-L.jpg

Sure does! For an extra 50 bux, there's a rotiss back burner option.

Another reason i bought it was their parts list. New burners are 10 bux each, all 3 grills 15 bux. For the price, it's a great unit.

www.brinkmann.net

Cheech,

I have read where a guy build his own TEC grill just for cooking steaks. He put a large $200 infrared burner in the bottom of an old aluminum gas grill. The infrared burner will reach about 1400F at four inches above it. This is basically how a TEC grill is made. Go to their website and check it out.

I have the Brinkmann Pro Series 6668 in stainless. It was to have been my Father's day gift but the wife bought it in April and I found out about it so I got it early. This one isn't on the Brinkmann site yet either. My neighbor is suffering right now from MAJOR grill envy! :mrgreen:

If I am here at the apartment, then it is the park type charcoal grill in the courtyard.

I have a charbroil gas grill, that was/is great for steaks, and quick little cooks, but I personally love charcoal.

Also, it is not the equipment, it is the cook. I can make great steaks with little more than a cigarette lighter, seasoning {salt pepper} and a grate to hold the meat while it heats up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky