Stuffed zucchini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 21, 2006
Monroe, La
Told GoFish that I would post some pics on making stuffed zucchini's and since that was what we were having for the family sunday dinner, here goes.

Start out by slicing your zucchini lengthwise and scooping out the flesh.

Save the flesh and add one chopped onion and any other veg such as celery, pepper etc

Brown 3 hot Italian sausage and 3 sweet Italian sausage together

Add the reserved vegetables to the browned sausage and cook down till the onions are clear

When veggies are ready, add about ½ cup grated parmesan cheese and 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs, stir till moisture is absorbed and remove from heat

Stuff your zucchini shells with the mixture when it cools enough to work with, cover with cheese of your choice and then put them on the smoker for about 2 hours at 275*

Here is what it looks like finished and on a plate with some corn on the cob, wild rice with shiitake mushrooms and some cheesy bread.

Sounds like a lot of steps, but it really only takes about 45 minutes to prep it and then the cooking is in the smoker so itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not that bad.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday. Now for the race in Bristol
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

messed up my post, gotta redo.

I can see ecoli in that food. Send it to me & I'll check it in my "lab". I'll let you know how it goes.

Good look'n food
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Rodger!! That looks like the grubb man!! I'm gonna be so busy this year with all these new ideas.

So are ya
icon_mrgreen.gif
sure that is ????? Simply fabulous Rodger, this goes in my to make list....another winner!!!! Thanks

Rodger

Thanks a million, that is going to be a hit for me this summer .......... Ummm, I guess that means I just stole your recipe!!! Thanks again for sharing that. Thats better than I imagined!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky