Stuffed Pork Loin Going For A Spin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Had a 3# piece of pork loin that I wanted to give a ride. Cut the loin about 3/4" around and around and flatten out. Seasoned , covered with cream cheese, and diced up onions and mushrooms. Rolled up, and tied tight enough for rotisserie in 360. Another coat of seasoning , wrapped and in fridge overnight.
20200111_143954.jpg

Attached spit and a bit more seasoning.
20200113_144426.jpg

Made up a glaze similar to Bears, only I drank the Crown instead of adding.
After 1/2 hr, gave it a coating. ( sure likes to smoke with the drippings)
20200113_145833.jpg

Made up a batch of maple /balsamic roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts
20200113_160333.jpg

Checked temp after 1 hr, already 151° (quicker and higherthan anticipated), so pulled and wrapped.
20200113_160542.jpg

20200113_161210.jpg

When potatoes finished up, time to carve. Still seemed to be juicy, not dry.
20200113_165913.jpg

And plated. . .
20200113_170315.jpg

Looks real good from here Winter. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Yup nice job . Those 360's make great proteins . What temp did you cook at ?
Nice color on that , looks great .

Yup nice job . Those 360's make great proteins . What temp did you cook at ?
Nice color on that , looks great .
Did it at 370°. Beings it was only about 3/4" thick as rolled it did get done a lot quicker. I was figuring a couple hrs.

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks Awesome, Rider!!
Nice Job!!
Like.
Gotta tell you, in case you always covered your baking pan with foil. Mrs Bear says it's not needed---It's Non-Stick & washes real easy.

Bear

Gotta tell you, in case you always covered your baking pan with foil. Mrs Bear says it's not needed---It's Non-Stick & washes real easy.

Bear
I foiled the wire rack to catch some of the drippings so didn't hit heating elements. Had slits cut in foil to allow heat through. Some still dripped through down to the "drip pan" on bottom. I am thinking it is the sugars in the basting, but it is permanently stained now. Tried baking soda, and barkeepers friend with a sponge after soap and water. No luck. Should foil bottom drip pan I guess.
20200114_140959.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky