Stuffed peppers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
One of the things I really like are those stuffed pickled peppers from Wegman's. The ones you get at the Olive bar that are stuffed with feta and capped with ham or prosciutto.
But at 9.00 a pound. It wasn't something I bought often.
But, as luck would have it. When I stopped at GFS Saturday they had these.

P6230985.jpg

Hmm, 10.00 for the gallon jug. So into the cart they went.
Got home and was itching to try one. I'm very sure these are the same type that wegmans use. They are in a mildish vinegar brine. And have a good crunch.
I got up this morning at 2:00 and could not get back to sleep.
So I got started coring and seeding enough for 3 pint jars. And about every 10th one ended up in my mouth instead of the jar. The reds ones are not quite as firm as the green ones. But have a slightly better flavor.
Ann came down at 2:30 to see me watching the Walking Dead. And working on,and eating, pickled pepper. Kind of grossed her out. She went back to bed shaking her head.
What a PITA these are to core!!!

P6230986.jpg

I made a 3:1 ratio of water and vinegar to put these in. Later I'll go to the store for the feta cheese to stuff them.

Nice I like those Wegmans ones too but they’re a rarer treat due to price. Also you can’t scoop your own anymore due to covid.

Looks like you’re set for awhile Steve, i’m sure they will be tasty!

Nice I like those Wegmans ones too but they’re a rarer treat due to price. Also you can’t scoop your own anymore due to covid.

Looks like you’re set for awhile Steve, i’m sure they will be tasty!

That too. I really miss that bar where you can pick your own. Thanks!

tx smoker tx smoker likes to do the same thing on Friday nights. Although he is usually wearing his dirty wife beater and eating pickled eggs watching re-runs of Matlock
Ouch! One of my favorite slum around shirts is a stained wife beater. Wearing one now. Not trying trying to protect our fair maiden Robert mind you.

Will do John. I won't get to them until this weekend now. Got a e-mail that royally ticked me off.

I guess you can answer the age old question, now Steve:
So----
"If Peter Piper picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers, how many Peppers did Peter Piper Pick??"

Bear

I guess you can answer the age old question, now Steve:
So----
"If Peter Piper picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers, how many Peppers did Peter Piper Pick??"

Bear
Lol! By what I did. I would say a tenth more! More or less!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky